lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-17-2016, 07:12 PM   #1
Chris15005
Getting Wild
Club Car

Talking 1992 CC DS Build Thread

Well it has started my engine is due in on Thursday brought the cart home from camp today and tore it apart.

Wow 24 years of oil leaks is horrible need to degrease everything this week before installing.

Couple of issues i got the HD secondary on the shaft and get this the stock clutch pulled off with my bare hands !!!! after reading horror stories on here i was prepared for a fight.

The secondary on the shaft i can't reuse the stock short bolt and the end of my shaft is nowhere near the end of the clutch? I see (2) bolts in the install kit (1) gold which i know is for the primary clutch (1) silver does anyone know if this is for the secondary clutch? I'm going to call VC tomorrow to verify because nothing is listed in the installation instruction about this.

Do i remove all the hardware from the governor on the rear end or it is ok to leave there ?

I also had (2) wires attached to my engine that weren't for the starter (1) red that plugged into a male fitting on the rear of the engine and (1) white that went to the igniter i do believe ?

Chris15005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2016, 09:41 PM   #2
general01
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1992 CC DS Build Thread

One of those wires goes to the coil kill wire on the new engine the other is for a low oil sensor(which unless you use a non Vegas carts engine you can't use)
The one that's on the back(going to the male fitting) doesn't get used again..

I removed the cable and governor arm on my 94 ds when I big blocked it.(if you don't remove it you will have issues)

I know my kit had the silver bolt(should be included in with the new clutch)
general01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 07:24 PM   #3
Chris15005
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by general01 View Post
One of those wires goes to the coil kill wire on the new engine the other is for a low oil sensor(which unless you use a non Vegas carts engine you can't use)
The one that's on the back(going to the male fitting) doesn't get used again..

I removed the cable and governor arm on my 94 ds when I big blocked it.(if you don't remove it you will have issues)

I know my kit had the silver bolt(should be included in with the new clutch)
Thanks for the information i spoke with VC and the silver bolt indeed went in the secondary clutch. I'll be removing the arm before i install the engine i kind of guessed if that was flopping around it might cause an issue.
Old 07-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #4
Chris15005
Getting Wild
Club Car

Did some cleaning today and installed the motor mount and removed all of the governor hardware. The motor will be here tomorrow according to FedEx along with my new battery. I'm waiting for the starter generator to come back from it's overhaul and the new brake pads. I have to go buy all new body bolts and wiring to rewire the lights since the guy before me decided to use speaker wire for power wires . If everything goes well should have it running this weekend but it supposed to be in the mid 90's so not sure i want to swelter in the garage.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:06 PM   #5
alwhite00
Gone Wild
Club Car

What years did CC use the tubular motor mount? My 98 has a stamped plate but my 95 Carryall had the tubular. Just curious.
alwhite00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 06:08 PM   #6
Chris15005
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwhite00 View Post
What years did CC use the tubular motor mount? My 98 has a stamped plate but my 95 Carryall had the tubular. Just curious.
I'm not 100% sure but the install instructions say 84-96
Old 07-20-2016, 08:32 PM   #7
chevydmax6
Gone Wild

Club Car

97 is when they changed and they changed the rear end to run opposite and a one peice rearend
chevydmax6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 05:50 PM   #8
Chris15005
Getting Wild
Club Car

Engine came today unfortunately no primary clutch until next week . I mocked it into the cradle to check the air filter clearance and it's tight. I'm worried if the suspension articulates to the right i'm going to lose my air filter and/or electrical box. I don't think the suspension will tilt that far in the campground i'm in but it's a mild concern.

I got a roll of fuel line with my install kit since my stock lines are going to be too big are you supposed to use clamps on these lines on the VC engine? they look like hose barbs that you don't need to clamp.

Old 07-22-2016, 03:16 PM   #9
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like your air filter will definitely hit the air box. I had to remove the airbox in my cart since the filter wanted to occupy the same space LOL
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #10
Chris15005
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetbu View Post
Looks like your air filter will definitely hit the air box. I had to remove the airbox in my cart since the filter wanted to occupy the same space LOL
What's the easiest way to do this? i can't see anything behind that darn box
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps