lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2020, 06:34 PM   #31
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: Holy horrible handling, Batman!

" Bagging the tires" is running air pressure below the recommended tire pressure on the sidewall of the tire,

Take my tires for example, they say to fill the to 35 lbs to mount, what the recommended pressure says 12 lbs to 15 pounds, for this particular type of Tire.
I run which is a big old wide(12") 26 inch mud tire.
10lbs on the street, when I unload the cart off the trailer and I know they'll be only trails, I bag
the tires down between 5 to 7 lbs , thats baggin the tires...... and each brand has a different range, the 5 to 7lbs is just where I have found that works for me, thats
lowest I can run without spinning the tire off the rim.

Now about the slime, I'm not really a big fan of slime, but in South Texas "Benavides" we have cactus that have 4 or 5 inch needles, and they are very hard on tires. so I try to run the least amount of slime that I can. I like the 32 oz bottle of slime, and I try my best to put 8 oz in each tire, I have made the mistake of putting too in my tires and it throws out the balance something crazy. (especially over 30 mph)
If I lived anywhere else other than Texas I probably would not run slime......
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2020, 09:32 PM   #32
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
" Bagging the tires" is running air pressure below the recommended tire pressure on the sidewall of the tire,

Take my tires for example, they say to fill the to 35 lbs to mount, what the recommended pressure says 12 lbs to 15 pounds, for this particular type of Tire.
I run which is a big old wide(12") 26 inch mud tire.
10lbs on the street, when I unload the cart off the trailer and I know they'll be only trails, I bag
the tires down between 5 to 7 lbs , thats baggin the tires...... and each brand has a different range, the 5 to 7lbs is just where I have found that works for me, thats
lowest I can run without spinning the tire off the rim.

Now about the slime, I'm not really a big fan of slime, but in South Texas "Benavides" we have cactus that have 4 or 5 inch needles, and they are very hard on tires. so I try to run the least amount of slime that I can. I like the 32 oz bottle of slime, and I try my best to put 8 oz in each tire, I have made the mistake of putting too in my tires and it throws out the balance something crazy. (especially over 30 mph)
If I lived anywhere else other than Texas I probably would not run slime......
Nice. I tried 10psi. I might try 7 or 8 next time.
HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #33
ousuxndallas
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Slight thread bump. I have HD rear leaf springs on my Precedent. This weekend I was able to haul 12 bags of feed (600 lbs) without a problem. Plus a 200 lb driver. Went up and down some steep creek bottoms as well.

The ride is noticeably rougher without any additional weight. But throw a few bags of corn on there, and it really smooths out the ride.
ousuxndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #34
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ousuxndallas View Post
Slight thread bump. I have HD rear leaf springs on my Precedent. This weekend I was able to haul 12 bags of feed (600 lbs) without a problem. Plus a 200 lb driver. Went up and down some steep creek bottoms as well.

The ride is noticeably rougher without any additional weight. But throw a few bags of corn on there, and it really smooths out the ride.
You are not the first guy to tell me he throws a couple bags of corn on the back every time, just for ride quality. I'm glad to hear that.

I went back to the stock single leaf and haven't looked back. Had 4 adults on the cart the other night and we had no problems in the neighborhood. Granted, we put the two pretty and lightweight ladies on the back!

If anyone ever comes out with a plug-n-play long travel option for the rear, I will jump all over that.
Old 04-06-2021, 05:23 AM   #35
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

The only problem with the long travel rear suspensions is they tend to be very soft, which is ideal for off road, you want that suspension to move fairly easily. That softness, however, creates problems when you try and haul stuff. Put any weight on it and it will usually squat really bad.

Case in point, these new UTV's. They really have some incredible suspension and off road handling, even at high speeds. But, if you try and hook a trailer to them, they can't handle the weight.

It's a trade off. Everyone uses their vehicles differently. You have to experiment and find what works best for you for what you do most with the vehicle. No off road vehicle does everything well.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:02 AM   #36
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
The only problem with the long travel rear suspensions is they tend to be very soft, which is ideal for off road, you want that suspension to move fairly easily. That softness, however, creates problems when you try and haul stuff. Put any weight on it and it will usually squat really bad.

Case in point, these new UTV's. They really have some incredible suspension and off road handling, even at high speeds. But, if you try and hook a trailer to them, they can't handle the weight.

It's a trade off. Everyone uses their vehicles differently. You have to experiment and find what works best for you for what you do most with the vehicle. No off road vehicle does everything well.
This is where a field-adjustable spring rate comes in to play, no?
Old 04-07-2021, 09:00 PM   #37
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Google “Add a Leaf For Club Car”. Best $25 you’ll ever spend.

As far as buyer beware, I hear ya. Not so cool to read about some glowing sale from a poster with only two prior posts. I always make sure the vendor has an eBay and/or Amazon store if they don’t have a real golf cart shop with a business address. There you get reviews that are from all over.
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:37 AM   #38
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Another update: I now have a long-travel suspension up front, and traded my 6-ply 23x12s for 4-ply 22x10s. I run 5 psi off road. This combo is working well for me so far.
Old 04-08-2021, 07:59 AM   #39
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogKiller View Post
Another update: I now have a long-travel suspension up front, and traded my 6-ply 23x12s for 4-ply 22x10s. I run 5 psi off road. This combo is working well for me so far.
perfect setup.

went with 24 10s on mine for extra cush... no long travel.

StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 08:27 AM   #40
95EASY
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
perfect setup.

went with 24 10s on mine for extra cush... no long travel.

Nice looking cart!

What lift do you have on the cart in the picture?
95EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts