lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-21-2020, 09:40 PM   #21
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Default Re: Holy horrible handling, Batman!

Wow. I don't think my Carryall has anything like that. No wonder it is rough.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2020, 12:15 AM   #22
CCNorth
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hogkiller, I did the very same thing you did. My HD springs were not as extreme as yours but I absolutely hate hate hate them. If I hit the smallest bump or uneven place in the road while driving around the hood it rattles my brain.

I mentioned in another post that my son was trying to help me with my rusted thinning areas and a hole in my rear seat footrest. Rather than weld it like he said he would do he decided to make a new one. It turned out great but it weights over 50 lbs!! So, I installed HD springs and replace shock bushings. Then, I decided not to use the new footrest because 99% of the time I'm the only one in the cart. I couldn't see adding weight with the footrest that I don't need. Maybe the extra weight of the footrest would improve the ride, but I doubt it.

Old springs were dual action springs and I ran 12 psi in tires. Ride was very good on the same type roads you have. I think the ride would have been even better if I had better tires.

I tried lowering tire pressure to 8 psi to see if HD springs would ride better. Nope. Ride is way way too firm and jarring.

I'm planning to take off HD springs and put old ones back on. Live and learn.
CCNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #23
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Hunted all night one night this weekend using the stock rear leafs (single leaf) and tires aired down to 10 PSI. Massive improvement in ride quality. I may go down to 8 PSI next. We had two 200-pound hunters in the cart, plus 160 pounds of corn on the rear foot rest. The cart never bottomed out, and the only real problem was a rear seat squeak that I could not quite pinpoint in the field, but will grease joints now that I’m back in the garage.

We ran into a group of 15 hogs and shot them to pieces. Also bagged one coyote. It was a good time.

HogKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 08:29 PM   #24
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

What are you using to hunt with?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #25
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
What are you using to hunt with?
If you’re asking what scope that screenshot is from: Pulsar Thermion XP50.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #26
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

I meant the rifle, but the scope interests me as well. Worth the asking price for it?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #27
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
I meant the rifle, but the scope interests me as well. Worth the asking price for it?
Rifle: 6.5 Grendel SBR.

Is the scope worth $6.5K? It depends on how you look at it. It’s sure fun as hell. If I owned the land these hogs were terrorizing, that money would be better spent on fence improvements.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:31 PM   #28
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

hunts south texas, and uses my club car to hunt with as well. bagging the tires is the real trick, and slime for the catus...i added a winch, through the cable over a branch, and feild dress your hog or deer on the spot and through your meat in the cooler, let the vultures coyotes have the left overs.....
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:30 PM   #29
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
hunts south texas, and uses my club car to hunt with as well. bagging the tires is the real trick, and slime for the catus...i added a winch, through the cable over a branch, and feild dress your hog or deer on the spot and through your meat in the cooler, let the vultures coyotes have the left overs.....
PCC long time no see!!! Good to see your still hanging around!
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 10:57 PM   #30
HogKiller
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectClubCar View Post
Thanks. We shoot so many hogs, I just take the backstraps and tenderloins, and the freezer's still overflowing. No need to hoist them over a tree to harvest that meat.

What does "bagging the tires" mean? What slime do you like and how much do you use? I have heard conflicting stories on the slime.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts