lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-05-2014, 06:14 PM   #1
InVision
Crazy Buggy Wild !!

Club Car

Default Holy Cow Batman !!

Been modifying a 2003 CC DS 48V series. My goal was a 25 mph cart for my wife. I started at the beginning with a new set of Trojan T875s. Then I added Scotty's 2ga wire set and a HD switch. I then added a 500 amp FSIP controller and a PQ motor. Thinking I needed more torque and speed I ordered a custom EMP motor designed by Chuck. Also ordered a HD Solenoid, 400 amp breaker and a B&C fire extinguisher which came in late today. I hope to finish up tomorrow with the entire project. So here is the results. I basically tried 3 motors today. Stock, PQ Bandit and EMP.

Results:

1. Stock Motor - good torque and top speed of 15.3 MPH (GPS measured) on flat test road.

2. PQ Motor - Better torque and top speed of 22.9 MPH same road

3. EMP Custom Motor - Incredible torque (A++++) and top speed of 33 + MPH. Chuck told me to keep to 33 MPH or less. It was still pulling strong at 33 MPH. Scary fast!!

Will finish up with fuse and Scotty's solenoid tomorrow.

Thanks to all that helped us with our BGW project !!

M
InVision is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car