lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #1
nhellbaum
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 YDRE no click, not activating

New to the site but has been very helpful!

I have been trying to get my cart going ever since it died last summer. Brand new batteries tests 50v, new solenoid, NEW Navitas controller, new tow/run switch, new F/R switch, key switch tests 50v.

When I turn everything on, I get no click from the solenoid (even depressing pedal). This has been the symptom since all this started and I started replacing things. I’m by no means an expert but have checked voltage from everything I can think of. Here are some notes of what I interpret as problems that may help you experts, help me, pinpoint something…

1) 0v when testing the small + and - solenoid wires (obviously should be getting 48v there right???)
2) 0v from grey wire on back of charge port (isn’t this the safety switch that tells the controller that the cart is NOT plugged in and is safe to operate?)
3) 0v from brown wire of throttle sensor (0-50v working on red when throttle is depressed)
4) no reverse buzzer

Thanks all!
nhellbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2021, 06:21 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2010 YDRE no click, not activating

Did you locate and test the fuse that goes to the run/tow switch? You should have battery voltage going to the run/tow switch through a 3 amp fuse. Measure relative to battery negative. The fuse is located behind the driver under the seat. You should have Plus battery at the big terminal on the solenoid all the time. You should have a schematic in your owner's manual. You can find it online.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:10 AM   #3
nhellbaum
Not Yet Wild

Yes I did check that 3amp fuse and it is good. I also have full voltage on the large positive terminal of the solenoid…
Old 06-15-2021, 06:28 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just for giggles tap on the motor cap with a hammer all around and try it again with wheels in air...The motor brushes are a weak point on Yamaha drives and cause all kind of odd problems...If it tries to move your motor brushes are shot...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:03 AM   #5
nhellbaum
Not Yet Wild

Ok I will try that.
I just don’t feel like the cart is even activating to begin with. Would bad brushes explain why I get no solenoid click?

Something else that may be of importance, when it died last year it was pretty abrupt. The batteries were getting old and weak but in the middle of a golf round, it almost had one last surge of power and then died. Sat all winter assuming dead batteries but was worried about controller and/or motor in back of my mind.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That actually makes me think even more your brushes may be bad actually...usually cart will buck and try to move a little then do nothing at all...and yes I have seen many times motor problems disrupting the entire process from solenoid not clicking to back-up buzzer not working...
Old 06-15-2021, 08:29 AM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Do you have full voltage at the run/tow switch and at the key switch?
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 08:37 AM   #8
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Oh I forgot to add...when you tap on motor make sure cart is in tow...then switch to run after you tap on it...that way it resets controller...won't do anything if already in run when you do it...sorry just thought of that...
Old 06-15-2021, 01:37 PM   #9
nhellbaum
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Do you have full voltage at the run/tow switch and at the key switch?
Yes for both.
Old 06-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #10
nhellbaum
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Oh I forgot to add...when you tap on motor make sure cart is in tow...then switch to run after you tap on it...that way it resets controller...won't do anything if already in run when you do it...sorry just thought of that...
Ok great thank you for the info! I’ll update shortly.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha