lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2021, 06:56 PM   #1
cjl4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default G29 Runs initially but dies after slowing

Recently purchase 2011 G29, motor reported as new 2 years ago, batters not new, just serviced and new battery meter reads 100% charge.

When first using it for the day it will take off well, run well but after slowing and stopping a couple times it will only briefly try to take off again but dies. I can switch to tow and back, I hear the click, assuming solenoid, then the same each time, unless it sits for hours, then will run again.

After getting stuck a second time today, I tried reverse, it ran so I kept going driving it backwards for a 1/2 mile to get home. Back in the driveway, same thing in either direction. PLEASE HELP.
cjl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2021, 09:11 AM   #2
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G29 Runs initially but dies after slowing

You need to check the batteries under load (acceleration). Relying solely on the battery meter for the health of the batteries is of very little help. I'd be willing to bet the voltage drops a good bit under load.
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 11:10 AM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I agree. This behavior is almost always bad batteries.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2021, 01:24 PM   #4
cjl4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks I will check that, I was planning to replace the batteries anyway. I will update in a couple weeks as I will not be able to work on next week.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:39 PM   #5
cjl4
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

The voltage did drop below 20 vdc on load so I purchased new batteries.
48 vdc on installation and ran well on & off all day, total about an hour. Next day ran it 10 minutes and then it dies again. I checked it running with the voltmeter I can watch the vdc drop but eased it back to the house keeping it above 20 vdc. initially at 38 vdc with no load, but an hour later just sitting, no recharge, it is back to 48 vdc.
Old 07-04-2021, 12:52 PM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You don't say anything about charging these "new" batteries. If pack voltage is dropping, then the batteries are dead. You should never run them down that far if you want them to last.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha