lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-12-2021, 10:13 AM   #11
Thomasj106
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Express S4 Elite - Programming Questions

Thanks, Bob. That makes sense. The gauge I have is the one that looks like it belongs on a gas powered vehicle with a needle moving counter-clockwise from "F" to "E".

From scanning through all of these posts, it looks like you're the only one with answers. It also looks like you're the Go-To guy for speeding up my cart. Let me know when you're going to be in the Port St. Lucie area of Florida. Then I will message "usgicollector" to set up an appointment.
Thomasj106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-12-2021, 02:55 PM   #12
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasj106 View Post
Thanks, Bob. That makes sense. The gauge I have is the one that looks like it belongs on a gas powered vehicle with a needle moving counter-clockwise from "F" to "E".

From scanning through all of these posts, it looks like you're the only one with answers. It also looks like you're the Go-To guy for speeding up my cart. Let me know when you're going to be in the Port St. Lucie area of Florida. Then I will message "usgicollector" to set up an appointment.
I don't set up appointments. Once we have enough stops in a geographical area, we will set up a route of stops in the most logical order of progression, based upon the least number of miles driven to accomplish the tasks. My health is not so great right now, so I've been trying to recover enough to accomplish this east coast of FL trip before I must head north again.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 01:08 PM   #13
Gtracer
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Battery life depends upon driving habits. Speed vs range is way different with AC drive vs DC drive. It can only take about 5% more current to maintain rotor lock at roughly double the speed, all other factors being equal. With AC motors, it is the AC frequency that drives the 3 phase AC motor that determines speed. Current gets used more by hard accel and hill climbing, where rotor lock needs to be at its highest. One of the biggest issues to range is after a reprogramming, drivers get addicted to feeling the higher G forces of accel. They don't need to do jack-rabbit starts all the time, but it becomes normal for them. The reason for allowing it is... to get across streets in heavy traffic, when an opening becomes available. Then go back to normal driving!
This is Great info. I just bought a 2021 Elite S4 3.0 and am looking to do the same. this was helpful
Gtracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #14
TheCartBoy
WARRANTY VOID

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomasj106 View Post
Adamebrown7, I, too am new to this forum and just recently bought the same exact vehicle. I love it but have the same feeling about the speed. My GPS says I'm doing 19 but the cart feels like it could easily do more without any effort. On another note, and I don't mean to hijack your post but have a question that you may be able to answer for me. Is your battery gauge backlit? I would think it should be but mine isn't. Either that or it doesn't work. When I take the cart out at night I have to use my phone flashlight to see the gauge. That doesn't make sense to me.
If its the model shown below it has a backlight. The backlight can be turned off via software settings.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (5.5 KB, 0 views)
TheCartBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO