lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2018, 02:54 PM   #1
Ms.Independent
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Smile Estimates on time spent doing specific repairs or replacements....

Hello All! I am new to the forum, as well as a proud new owner of a 1986 Yamaha 2 cycle gas golf car(t), which had problems upon purchase. After we bought&brought it home,completed troubleshooting to find out what the Exact problem(s) was or were, we found the bottom part of the engine needed bearings & seals replaced. I ordered&received the new parts, then took the cart&parts to a guy locally that works on 2 cycle engines to have the parts installed. I live in the mid west,(south eastern Iowa,USA) My question is....what is a reasonable price to have these replaced&approximately how long should it take to complete the job, if he knows what he's doing & how,(I REALLY HOPE HE DOES!!) I don't want to be taken advantage of because I'm unfamiliar with the 2 cycle engines.
Thanks for any insight, in advance! I greatly appreciate it!!

Last edited by Ms.Independent; 07-18-2018 at 02:56 PM.. Reason: mis spelled
Ms.Independent is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Estimates on time spent doing specific repairs or replacements....

First timer I'd say 8-10ish hours from the time he starts to motor back in and running would be close now if it's someone familiar with the cart and had done a few you could probably shave a couple hours off but keep in mind it's a 30+ year old beast so some issues could add some time
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #3
Ms.Independent
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Great, thank you very much,for the approximate amount of time,if it goes as planned,etc.! I took it late on Mon.,when I got off work,but will be contacting him tomorrow, to see if it's finished&��the total isn't extremely expensive! ��
Old 07-19-2018, 12:33 AM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

It's a rough estimate keep that in mind of he charges over that
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 05:17 PM   #5
Ms.Independent
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I was able to get the cart back, after dropping it off with the parts,to have the work completed.I don't recall the exact total for the labor,but if I remember correctly,it was close to the guesstimated price,it wasn't outrageously expensive, Thankfully!🙌
It's continued to run strong for me,by properly maintaining it,(more TLC,when time allows)over the past few yrs.I'll hopefully have many more!🤞
I'm currently looking@getting new tires,to avoid having the issue of dealing with a couple of slow air leaks in the tires on it.The tires still have good tread,but I'm uncertain if having the tire leaks repaired for the time being,is the best solution for now,until I'm able to replace all4with new tires..
Old 06-17-2021, 06:16 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If they’re stock tires you can usually get like new take off’s from someone that’s installed a lift and nicer wheels and tires for cheap. Usually run about $50 for a set of 4 where I’m at. I used to give the things away because they’d stack up with no purpose in life fir me
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:50 PM   #7
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If they’re stock tires you can usually get like new take off’s from someone that’s installed a lift and nicer wheels and tires for cheap. Usually run about $50 for a set of 4 where I’m at. I used to give the things away because they’d stack up with no purpose in life fir me
I've seen pull offs sell for $1 each just to get them gone. A guy I know has developed a way to cut them, flip them inside out and make planters out of them. Sells them at the flea mkt.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:49 AM   #8
Ms.Independent
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

That's good to know! Thank you!
Old 06-18-2021, 04:25 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreatt View Post
I've seen pull offs sell for $1 each just to get them gone. A guy I know has developed a way to cut them, flip them inside out and make planters out of them. Sells them at the flea mkt.
Yea in Georgia that’s how it was. I used to just give them away for free because I had so many. But up in Michigan they fetch a premium for some reason. All depends where you’re located
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 05:41 PM   #10
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Yea in Georgia that’s how it was. I used to just give them away for free because I had so many. But up in Michigan they fetch a premium for some reason. All depends where you’re located
Wonder what the freight is on a truckload to Michigan ? Everybody in SC is riding around on mag wheels with 23's or 24's and the pull offs are being sneaked into the landfill 4 at the time. I've got about 60 behind my building and "occasionally" somebody will pick out the best 4 for for their "knock around the yard" low budget cart. I used to get $60 for their pick of 4, but have had to drop now to 40. They're getting picked over. We sold 100 culls last year for $1 each.
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1986, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha