lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2008, 10:12 AM   #21
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car wont move, dead solenoid?

i have to meet with a lawyer today i,ll post you an answer when i get home tonight........................................... .....
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #22
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you should be able to get an OBC other than a dealer, approx cost 200.00 as for leaving it bypassed its not a good idea, either the cart won,t charge or it will charge wrong and not shut off ........you might have to bypass the low voltage sensor in charger to get it to work but than you run the risk of burning up the batteries if you forget about the charger being on........just my opinion but if you can afford it i highly suggest just replacing the OBC and being done with it.........i see carts at the campground that guys are running around with it bypassed and it seems they just have so many battery problems and the only common denominator is the OBC bypassed...............now on a temporary basis if you have to ok but it will get to the point that even the bypass will fail and you,ll have to replace it........last thing to think of is the price of OBC,s has went up about 40 bucks and they are going to go up again........................
Old 10-13-2008, 06:50 AM   #23
magacrib
Not Yet Wild

Ok, Selonoid changed not the problem. How ever can anybody tell me what the big resister that conects the two large post does? this is my problem when I replaced this with a small wire cart moved fine, knowing this isnt a good fix i did disconect but the large resister is my issue. Were can i get one off these??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-11-08_1104.jpg (39.2 KB, 6 views)
magacrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:34 PM   #24
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

did you put it back on in the right direction? the silver band towards positive side.....................................
Old 10-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #25
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Resistors like that don't have "polarity" so no pos/neg pole, doesn't matter which way it is replaced. Diodes are polarized and must be put with silver band towards positive though. :)
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #26
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

yep your right but i thought i was looking at a diode.......forgive me it was a very long weekend with very little sleep...........end of the year camping gotta get those last licks in........resistor it dosn,t matter but the diode the silver band has to go towards positive......................
Old 10-13-2008, 07:29 PM   #27
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

I figured you were just seeing things shadowman. Your advice is always solid from what I've seen. I just didn't want to leave the OP scratching his head trying to figure it out.

Sometimes you need a vacation from the vacations I find. Camping can really take it out of you... I haven't had a real vacation in over a year unfortunately. It's about time to take a trip up to my property in the mountains I think.
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #28
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

go for it, i took the wife and dogs but a had a few gas carts to work on so i got them done while i was there and had to get a diagram for andy...........kinda feels like camp hangover right now, i have several hours of paperwork i need to get done but i can,t even get motivated to start it it may have to wait i just wants lay down and close my eyes...........get your licks in while you can heck i,d be on my way to the mountains....................
Old 10-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #29
magacrib
Not Yet Wild

had an electrician here at work Fluke out my cart.... OBC was not grounding. Ran a wire from small negative post on selonoid to a ground. Works great. Need this cart to get my father out in the woods to hunt. after season i will get a new OBC. hope nothing else goes bad couse it grounded the wire......
magacrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #30
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

magac, if you jumped the small post on solenoid to neg. term of #6 battery and cart runs than yes you need an OBC...............put that in and your good to go...............your new OBC will have a few extra parts a new grey wire and the orange battery dash light if needed........if your grey wire is good and tight i would save the new one for a spare if needed they are a pain to put in sometimes or maybe its just me cause it seems like its always 3 or 4 in the AM that i,m doing it.........as for the new battery light install that in the end you,ll have the newest version of the OBC and you shouldn,t have any more issues with it...............remember disconnect main pos and neg battery cables before working on it and discharge the controller as there will be a small amount of voltage stored in it and the last thing you want to do is smoke the controller while replacing the OBC..............good luck and let us know how it goes...................................

Tags
seloenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car