lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2014, 06:06 PM   #1
IndyBob52
Not Yet Wild

Default Installing VC 460 in 91 Club Car

I'm installing a VC 460 in a 91 CC and would like to find out if anyone else has done that. And if so, would like to get a pic of how the throttle linkage was connected, what air filter system being used, how fuel lines are connected, and any other engine setup or carb settings needed? I also will be using a VC header and planning to use the CC stock muffler, as it is new too. I do have the 460 now setting in the CC and ready to install the starter/generator, belts, get it lined up and tightened down. Don't need this thing to go fast or loud as they plan to use it at their campground. I'm new to doing anything like this and doing it for my son and his family, so appreciate any help.
---thanks,
Bob
IndyBob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #2
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Installing VC 460 in 91 Club Car

Check out my build thread, Everyone has done it different ways so you kinda need to search and see which way will work for you and your needs. Lots of reading & more question but you'll get her figured out! Oh and we need pics of the process :D

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...-lift-25s.html
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #3
ncsu4life
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Installing VC 460 in 91 Club Car

I put the gx440 into an 87 Club car. I'd imagine your experience should be similar. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...40-swap-3.html

I modified the original throttle cable onto a longer one by jb welding it (no access to wire weld).

the air filter i ended up with was one from NR racing K&N knock off with the GX390 adapter as a stock filter wouldn't fit for me. I don't have pictures in my build thread but i can get some this weekend and upload them for you.

just let me know if you have any specific questions and i will try my best to help you out and take pictures of anything specific you would like to see.

Good luck!
ncsu4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps