lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #1
jrkjr64
Not Yet Wild

Default replaced solenoid, still no go

I have a 95 clubcar ds, all new batteries (48.9 volts on meter). When you press pedal the cart tries to move for a split second then stops dead. I jumped the two main posts on the solenoid and she runs fine with jumper wire in place. Now I have replaced the solenoid and am having the same rwesult with the new one. Main resistor reads 243.4 ohms. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks
jrkjr64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: replaced solenoid, still no go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkjr64 View Post
I have a 95 clubcar ds, all new batteries (48.9 volts on meter). When you press pedal the cart tries to move for a split second then stops dead. I jumped the two main posts on the solenoid and she runs fine with jumper wire in place. Now I have replaced the solenoid and am having the same rwesult with the new one. Main resistor reads 243.4 ohms. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? Thanks
If they are new batteries then either one or more are defective or your charger is not working. At 48.9v the cart is only at a 55/60% state of charge.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Bad OBC... Jump the small yellow wire on the solenoid to B- on the controller with a jumper wire with alligator clips and see what she'll do. Leave wire attached to solenoid while you do this. No need to remove it
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

you can also just run a jumper from solenoid small post with yellow wire to neg. terminal of #6 battery if cart runs bad OBC.......this should work fine on a 1995........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 AM   #5
jrkjr64
Not Yet Wild

Ran Jumper from yellow solenoid wire to B- as instructed, cart runs fine. Can this wire be left there as a fix or will the obc have to be replaced?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #6
jrkjr64
Not Yet Wild

Ran Jumper from solenoid yellow wire to B-, cart seems to run fine. Can this wire stay as a permanent fix or should OBC be replaced?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

As long as the cart charges properly it can be left alone. You will however, lose the feature of the OBC that keeps the car from running while charging.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
As long as the cart charges properly it can be left alone. You will however, lose the feature of the OBC that keeps the car from running while charging.
agree with david, if it were mine i would repair it and be done with it, i,m not certain maybe david can answer this but i think you,ll also lose the feature of charger shutting off when cart is fully charged......... at the least you,ll get latest updated of OBC................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #9
jrkjr64
Not Yet Wild

Thank you everyone, I installed new OBC and everything is good
Old 07-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #10
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
agree with david, if it were mine i would repair it and be done with it, i,m not certain maybe david can answer this but i think you,ll also lose the feature of charger shutting off when cart is fully charged......... at the least you,ll get latest updated of OBC................................
Actually no it won't affect that. The circuit in question here is for grounding purposes on the solenoid coil. It's a separate circuit from the charging brains of the OBC. Just FYI. I think you may have been thinking about bypassing the relay.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car