lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #1
radman2
Not Yet Wild

Default New Member, New Home, New Cart????

Hello. 1st of all great forum, gathered a ton of info, but now more confused than ever. We live about 1 hour outside of Toronto, building a vacation home in Myrtle Beach and trying to decide on what type of cart to buy. Will only be there 5 or 6 weeks a year for the time being, but will we will have other family members using our home from time to time. We would use it to go to the beach, grocery shopping, out for dinner/lunch, cruise the area.
I see a lot of carts for sale in craigslist, just don’t have any idea which way to go. Looking for something newer, I don’t want to spend my R&R time on getting the cart to run. We are heading down to Myrtle Beach tomorrow to check on the construction and deal with other things that we need (furniture????) BUT the boys ( we have 2 boys 10 and 13 who are motorheads) and I have another agenda - which is to buy a cart. We I have been looking at the following:

EZ Go – I see a lot of these 2007/08 with new batteries, painted, lift kits and rims and tires, with and w/o radios - pricing seems to be $4000 – $5500 warranties of up to 1 year. Both from a dealer and craigslist

Yamaha – The Drive PTV – New 2011 $6000 (Electric) lifted, rims and tires, back seat – 4 YEAR WARENTY. We are snowmobilers and have new Yamaha sleds so if the quality is anything like their sleds quality and reliability should be great. http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.org/rvs/2336314653.html

Since we are new to carts and not really sure on what is and is not acceptable, where and when you can drive (I have been told to buy a $5 permit and different versions of 2 to 5 mile radius from your home on roads that have a max speed of 35 mph during daylight hours only) I was told that all of this could change as in NC. Requiring all carts to have the LSV certification to drive on any public road? We also looked at the following 2 LSV’s

Ruff & Tuff – LX2 – with independent rear end and hydraulic disk brakes, lifted, backseat and the LSV kit. $5500 – New from the Factory BUT NO Warranty – This concerns me. I was told it was just the frame from China, but it appears more than that is Chinese.

Tomberlin Emerge E2LE – New $6600 with the back seat but the more and more I read I’m thinking of staying away as it is also an import.

Thanks for any info or feedback, again great forum

Rob
radman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-05-2011, 11:46 PM   #2
Lifted
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Member, New Home, New Cart????

First off, welcome! Great info and people here. Depends on your budget. For 5-6 weeks a year, sounds like a used one in good condition would be better. Mine is old and I ride it every weekend around the yard. Works great. Dont buy anything thats not American. Thats just me, though. :D
Lifted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Tbinkley3
Getting Wild

Club Car

Just my 2 cents worth but when close to sea water and aluminum frame will not rust like a non aluminum frame. Club Car has an aluminum frame, but not sure about the others
Tbinkley3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #4
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

There's downsides to both gas and electric if they are going to sit for long periods of time when your not there. On the beach if your going to drive it on the beach, yes the Electric Club Car because of the frame but you still need to wash it real good before storing. I hope nobody sees that I recommened a Club Car on here!!!
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: New Member, New Home, New Cart????

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
There's downsides to both gas and electric if they are going to sit for long periods of time when your not there. On the beach if your going to drive it on the beach, yes the Electric Club Car because of the frame but you still need to wash it real good before storing. I hope nobody sees that I recommened a Club Car on here!!!
I caught you what do I win?
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #6
0517murphy
Redneck in Southside

Club Car

BUSTED!!!!!!!!
0517murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
Legendary Golf Carts
Gone Wild

If you don't plan on modifying your cart, despite being an E-Z-GO person, I would recomend a Club Car Precedent. the Precedent dosen't have as many modifications available but the chassis is brilliant, despite a leaf sprung suspension. The steering is tight, and the suspension rides (and handles) like a car. The advantage of the aluminium frame is it is rustproof, lighter, and stronger. That is why high-end cars such as the Audi A8 and the Jaguar XJ use aluminium space frames. finally, The club car costs less (by alot) than an RXV, although it is around the same as a TXT. I have never owned a club car or worked on a precedent, but I know the old DS was a terrible drive and people I know have had many problems with them. my golf course is switching from TXT's to Precedents, so I think they are more reliable than the DS. Thats my opinion on the subject.
Legendary Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Thanks Andy, I guess your going to tell everybody now. lol. On the serious side though, we have Club Car Carryalls at the Power Plant, they get extreemly abused everyday with the numbskulls that drive them, the chemicals that they drive them through, being overloaded with tools and equipment, they have held up quite well.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:40 AM   #9
azboo
Super Moderator

Club Car

Busted Rifter!!!!!!
azboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Welcome! Are you sold on on an electric, or is that what your allowed there? In that short period of useing the car, how are you going to keep the batteries charged (most people don't like to keep there chargers plugged in while gone) and that can kill a set of batteries in one season. Good luck in your new life's adventure And to my freind Rifter....your going "DOWN HILL"...from Yamaha..to ezgo, now clubcar?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides