lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
sirboozin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default budget lift

so me and my buddies the other night were brain storming and picked up some hockey pucks and started to build a block lift kit for the cart. got cut the hockey pucks into a 1 3/4 inch squares to put inbetween the leafs and the pearches. now all we gotta do is get some longer bolts to secrure them. looks like it will work anyone ever do anythin similar ?
sirboozin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #2
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: budget lift

I wouldn't use the pucks,They can break,and your axle can come loose and also cause a loss of steering.Use steel blocks with a center-pin to locate them so they can't shift,and use at least grade-5 hardware and lock-nuts.If you look at some of the budget-kits and are somewhat of a fabricator,you can build your own kit,the right way for less than $50.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #3
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

you ain't gonna break a hockey puck, we use to use them to body lift our 4x4 trucks
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:21 PM   #4
sirboozin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yah i dont think the pucks will break weve used them for body lifts on jeeps. only prob i saw was them slideing out but if i were to put them in a corners ( square to diamond ) i dont think ill have a problem with them fallin out.

but what budget lift are you talkin about for under 50 bucks?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:33 PM   #5
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Body lift yes,I've done it myself,But now you want to put pressure on it from angles instead of directly squeezing the entire puck squarely like as a body-lift would.Its' your decision and your cart,but it could be someone else that gets hurt if something pops loose at a bad time.The budget lift for under $50 is to build a block-lift like you see sold for $100-$150.You can buy the tubing for the rear coil-spacers for under $20(probably under $15),the tubing for the front-blocks under $10,A few small pieces of flat-stock for shock-mounts and some new hardware.If it costs $60 you probably got beat-up on pricing.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
you ain't gonna break a hockey puck, we use to use them to body lift our 4x4 trucks
Serious? My Border Collie chews them up like gum.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #7
sirboozin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

the pucks wont crush because of the weight of a lil old gofcart. google hockey puck lift and you will see all different kinds of methods of it. good cheap lift.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:22 PM   #8
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

I'm with Pachanga on this. For this price why would you not do it with steel?

http://cgi.ebay.com/EZ-GO-GAS-GOLF-C...item4cf6067495

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Just to add(and you are free to do what you want or think)"A little golf-cart" weighs over 700lbs ad in the weight subjected to one edge of one puck when you get it tipped up on an angle,and you now have 700lbs+ driver,riders,accesories,and the initial impact-weight of hitting whatever you hit with said corner of the cart(say for example: 1800lbs. of force hitting the wheel on a jolting downhill bump!)now how is that puck going to hold up?Plus as many have tried to justify in the past on trucks(and I have built lifted trucks since the Mid-Late 80's!)by the time you buy enough to do the job and them all,you could be already done with steel-blocks cheaper!Price out a comparable chunk of steel to your dimensions of all the pucks you need(say 1 foot for ex..)12 pucks at at least $2 each or 1ft of 3" solid-round for $6-$8/ft.Its' your choice and your cart,Do as you wish,but you will be much happier with it done once correctly.There have been to many out there that decide to reinvent the lift-kits(or other things)without understanding the negative results,then they bad-mouth the topic,saying things like lift-kits are dangerous,cause I had one that fell apart and we got hurt!Dave,I agree why screw-around for that price?!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:16 PM   #10
sirboozin
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

i have $10 bucks into the lift and that was for hardware . i played hockey all my life and have pucks layin around. iv never heard of any of the hockey pucks breaking or anything goin wrong with them. at the jeep gatherings i go to you see alot of jeeps with them. if they can hold up on a jeep or pick up they can def hold up on a cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO