lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
Tracireal8or
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Ez go txt 2001

Hello, I have decided to sell my Club Car DS 1995 and possibly buy a EZ GO TXT. I am not that familiar with the EZ GO's. The one that I am thinking of purchasing has a lift kit on it and is 36 V with a Rear Seat. Just curious if these are like my club car a Resitor Coil instead of a speed controller. Would this be a step up from the resistor coil that I have on my Club Car DS? Does the lift kits make them go slower with a 36 V?The seller doesnt have much knowledge as it was just passed down. Just thougt I would get some existing owners reviews and comments before I buy.
Tracireal8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-30-2010, 07:45 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go txt 2001

Welcome !!!

An 01 Ezgo will have a controller in it, no resistors like you had in your CC. Having a solid state controller is an upgrade from your resistor setup.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You will like the Ezgo compared to the ride of the CC. The 36v cart can handle some wheel size increase. You would want to see if the controller has been upgraded. If not, that is probably something you would want to do in the near future to help it run out a little better. Welcome
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Tracireal8or
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replys. HAs anyone heard of the Metal rusting out where the batteries are located on an EZGO. I just had a guy over to buy my CC and he said stay away from them for that reason? What is your experience or knowledge on this?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:26 AM   #5
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

Battery acid is an equal opportunity destroyer of metal... EZGO's are no more prone to battery tray corrosion than Club Cars... At least the EZGO steel trays are bolted in and easier/cheaper to replace than Club Car's welded aluminum trays..

I'm not looking forward to a battery tray replacement on my old 1996 Club Car..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 10:34 AM   #6
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracireal8or View Post
Thanks for the replys. HAs anyone heard of the Metal rusting out where the batteries are located on an EZGO. I just had a guy over to buy my CC and he said stay away from them for that reason? What is your experience or knowledge on this?
I think the guy was a little misinformed. They ALL will corrode. Club cars last a little longer than the others because they are aluminum but ezgo is no different than the others. Aluminum will still corrode too. At least ezgo makes them bolt in replaceable.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #7
Tracireal8or
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks Everyone for all the posts. Well having the 95 CLub Car which has the resistor coils, our cart just seems to make such a loud noise when we drive it , like the motor I guess that is the Resistor Coils I am told. The body is in great shape no rust. It does have a 2.9 HP Motor.But we are looking for something just alittle bit faster and are hoping thaty with purchasing the 2001 ezgo txt that we will see a difference. It does have a lift kit and Bigger tires on it, the only concern is the seller stated that the bushings went in one of the tires but he had it replaced, is that from the lift kit and larger tires, do you think?
Old 05-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
ssdane
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is it possible he means a wheel bearing? Tires do not have bushings. Does the ezgo have a gear shift lever behind your leg or does it have a rocker switch on the dash? This will let you know if it is a series cart or pds cart. Ask the age of batteries, check cables and overall appearance and drive it for more than 3 or 4 minutes to see if it handles to suit you. GOOD LUCK!
ssdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 05:53 PM   #9
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

See if the cart can maintain a reasonable speed when climbing a slight grade. Some 36v carts will slow way down trying to climb even a gentle slope in the road.
Dennis
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 08:49 PM   #10
Tracireal8or
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks SSDANE. It has a Gear lever behind my leg for Forward and Reverse. I sthat a series or PDS? ALso I noticed charger is alittle strange looks like I may need to buy a new receptacle, the charger doesnot come on right away. So I think that is not making good contact inside. Oh just my luck! =) Hope that is a simple fix. Under the seat no tow/run on controller box so I am assuming its a series, the chip upgrade is not for series, huh?

Tags
2001 txt, ez go, txt ez go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO