lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
lyinlow
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

Default 1989 par car throttle issue

hello.. i have a 89 par car which i recently just replaced the ignition module on it, i got it timed and it runs like a champ, however at low speeds it is very jerkey (it chugs, its not sluggish but just doesnt cruise smooth at low speeds), im not sure if this is normal or not? just curious if anyone has any insight on this ?

also i was wondering if anyone has a picture of how they hooked there throttle cable up after they have removed the govenor on these carts!

thanks in advance!!

Trevor
lyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2009, 07:36 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: 1989 par car throttle issue

Trevor, Inside the screen that covers the flywheel are 2 screws, loosen the screws and twist that plate with the ignition piece?? on it. Dont move it much, just a little bit counter clockwise until you smooth out low speed. It will adjust either way until you find the sweet spot. I'm not 100% you have the same ignition type that I have seen on a Par Car, but I'm thinking it's a timeing thing.

Good luck
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
tinkerman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1989 par car throttle issue

interesting, I'm experiencing the same problem with my newly aquired, 1986 columbia/par car. Runs great at half throttle to full throttle, but bucks a lurches at slower speeds. I may try to see if mine has the same setup and see if I can adjust low speed when I'm at the campground this weekend. Good luck to you. tinkerman
tinkerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar