lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-08-2018, 11:20 PM   #1
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 2001 Series obc by pass interlock

Hello all, we are doing an OBC bypass on a 2001 Series CC ser# AA 0115-008240. So far the plan as per post 29 in the OBC bypass sticky
is, 10 gauge black wire from back of charger receptacle to pack Negitive.
Yellow wire from solenoid to controller B-. I will do that in the morning.

Is there a way to wire the gray sense wire in and have a functioning
interlock so cart will not drive while charging?

When the OBC is removed Can the harness half of the three pin connector just be left hanging with the red and brown wire still in the system?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6pinplug.jpg (150.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg timscart.jpg (144.3 KB, 0 views)
PuttPutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 2001 Series obc by pass interlock

A DPI charger and some of the newer smart chargers have that capability to use the sense wire for an interlock.

I take the OBC side connector and cut it off smooth (so no wires are visible) then apply a small dab of RTV to it and I leave it in place to protect the harness so it is good if ever utilized again (You can also remove the wires from this connector and fill the holes with RTV and now it is a weatherproof cap). If you have a good OBC and you are just bypassing for another reason, just tape them both up to protect them.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:14 AM   #3
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Nole I'll remove the wires and fill the holes as you suggested. The OBC is bad. We have a new Yewy 1200z charger. There is no information in the manual about the gray sense wire interlock being utilized or if it should be removed.
Old 06-09-2018, 08:31 AM   #4
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

If it was capable, I would think it would say so, but I would check with scottyb just in case. If not, roll it up tightly and secure it to the back of the receptacle with a tywrap or if you prefer, it will literally pull out if you give it a good hard tug.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #5
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You can add a charging interlock using the instructions found in this post.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xperiment.html

It does require a little specialized knowledge. What you do is add a relay that energizes when you plug in the charger. Instead of tying the two OBC wires together you use the relay to connect them. In the 48 v charger connector, connect the neg pin to the third pin which connects to the gray to provide a ground(low) to energize the relay. This is a brief summary but it is all there in the above link. Of course if you aren't using the 3 pin CC connector you can't do it this way.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 11:39 AM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

PuttPutt, double check with Sergio as that was for an IQ or logic type controller and they are different from the Series type controllers. I did notice where it was referencing the 6 pin connector which is also common to IQ/Excels. The lockouts were controlled through the controller on the Logic type and I ~believe the OBC on the Series type by disabling the solenoid through removing the Neg. Anyways, just want you to make sure since I am not....
Old 06-09-2018, 04:43 PM   #7
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your help. Yes the DC cord has the three pin round plug.
I read the post about the relay, I just don't know how to make it work with the three pin connector this cart has. So hopefully Sergio can point me in the right direction. I kinda copied Tahoe with the plug and sealed the unused holes as Nole suggested. Cart works and is on the charger.
Thanks again for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3pintocont.jpg (165.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #8
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
You can add a charging interlock using the instructions found in this post.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xperiment.html

It does require a little specialized knowledge. What you do is add a relay that energizes when you plug in the charger. Instead of tying the two OBC wires together you use the relay to connect them. In the 48 v charger connector, connect the neg pin to the third pin which connects to the gray to provide a ground(low) to energize the relay. This is a brief summary but it is all there in the above link. Of course if you aren't using the 3 pin CC connector you can't do it this way.
Would this relay function with 48 volts as power to activate it to interrupt the key switch? OH never mind I just looked at the picture and that is how it's wired.

What does the diode do?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Second_Charger_Interlock.jpg (90.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #9
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuttPutt View Post
What does the diode do?
A diode allows current to flow in one direction and prevents it in the other direction. (through resistance)
Old 06-10-2018, 09:15 PM   #10
PuttPutt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ok here is what I'm thinking. BUT have not done it for fear I read something wrong.

Jumper wire from negitive to the sense pin in the dc round plug as described in the obc bypass sticky.

Use the gray sense wire from the DC receptacle as ground on the T9AP5D52-48 relay and any sourse 48 v positive from cart to activate the solenoid.

Interrupt the blue wire from key switch to controller with the relay.

Do not understand how to wire in the diode, across before the relay or in the negative wire.

I posted the wrong picture of the wire diagram for this cart so here is a new one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PauleditClubCar_3pin_plug.jpg (56.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg relayedit.jpg (109.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg RELAYEDIT DIODE.jpg (38.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 95-0348voltcc.PAUL.jpg (206.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car