lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2018, 09:10 AM   #1
cb0w
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default MJ Genesis 300 Rear Seat on Older DS

Hi Folks,

Finally looking to add a rear flip-flop seat to my 86 CC DS (Build Thread). After looking around I think I'm going with the Genesis 300 seat. I like the folding features, aluminum frame, and accessory options.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding anyone who has installed this seat on an older 80's or 90's DS. I assume there needs to be some "retrofitting" that needs to happen and additional strut supports that need to be purchased. I'm happy to put in the work or get creative with the install, but I would like to hear someone say, "Yes, it's possible to safely use this seat on an older DS" before I spend the money on this premium seat.

I've seen some vendors list kit's that contain special "pre 2001" roof struts for the DS but then others that indicate special "Candy cane" roof supports need to be purchased in addition to use with older cart roofs. Not sure which is needed for my application.

Any members or site sponsors who are familiar with this seat that can give me some insight as to which parts I need for my older cart would be much appreciated. Sorry if this has been addressed before. I did a pretty exhaustive search and didn't find anyone with my same situation.

Thanks for reading!
cb0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!