lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-31-2018, 08:46 PM   #21
d_wittenborn
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Precedent 58v lithium build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Hey Dennis, can you post better pictures of how you did the connection on the Volt cells? I have a 3.1kwh volt cell that I had to add a connection mid-pack to get the 14s I was after, but that leaves 5 cells left over and unused. If I can figure a decent way to combine some of these to a 48v pack I can then have a 2p14s pack and good range.

Also, have you had any luck on a BMS for these? I have one from China, but no instructions and nothing is clear. Then it let all the magic smoke out so it went in the trash.

Look closely at the pic in post #6 above. Basically just had to dissect 2 cell off the end of another pack (VERY carefully) and graft them to the original packs.
I haven’t yet installed a BMS.... and may not, as the cells are staying within .003 volts of each other after several charge cycles. I will continue to monitor the balance over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
d_wittenborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #22
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_wittenborn View Post
Basically just had to dissect 2 cell off the end of another pack (VERY carefully) and graft them to the original packs.
Thanks Dennis.

Any advice on making the electrical connection? I was trying to solder on some leads for a few voltage monitors and it wouldn't solder on. I tried solder paste to prep it, no dice. I tried scuffing it and that was no help either.

I didn't understand it when you said "slid one of the buss bar connectors from pack disassembly between and underneath"
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #23
d_wittenborn
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent 58v lithium build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
Thanks Dennis.

Any advice on making the electrical connection? I was trying to solder on some leads for a few voltage monitors and it wouldn't solder on. I tried solder paste to prep it, no dice. I tried scuffing it and that was no help either.

I didn't understand it when you said "slid one of the buss bar connectors from pack disassembly between and underneath"

I’m sure this looks and sounds weak, but as you may see in this closeup, I just bent the two tabs over with a metal bar (this was from the Volt pack disassembly) slid between and then cinched the pack togeather with very large zip tie. I have checked regularly and this connection is not generating any heat, so I;m happy with the result.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
d_wittenborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #24
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Dennis!

I've been pleased with the connections I have so far as well. No heat to mention yet.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!