lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default '12 Precedent Build Thread

Well boys, I officially have the bug! My friend and I had finished his 04 Precedent rebuild and were a little bored. His cart turned out great which I have included a picture below of (white cart). Our neighbor and golf buddy decided that he was tired of his wife taking his course cart around the neighborhood and has been tinkering with the idea of letting us build one for him. After a discussion about what options he wanted and his budget he gave us the go ahead to get started. We picked up a fleet turn in 2012 Precedent from our local dealer for $2150. Aesthetically, the cart was a mess, but mechanically everything was in good shape (motor, controller, MCOR ). This will be our third frame up, along with mods to our Precedent course carts. Below is the list of options that were selected:

6" MadJax Double A Arm Lift
14" MadJax Element Wheels on 23" MadJax Predators
Scotty B Voltage Reducer w/ Fuse Block
400 Watt Kenwood Bluetooth Amp w/ 2 8" MBQuart Speakers
MadJax Genesis 250 Rear Seat Kit w/ Retractable Seatbelts
Standard Length Black Club Car Roof
Green Backlit/Labeled Rocker Switch Panel w/ Double USB Charging Port
Green LED Roof & Underbody Lighting
Green Volt Meter
Black Marble Seat Cushions (Recover)
LED Light Kit w/ Blinkers and Horn
RHOX Driving Mirrors with LED Turn Signals
MicTuning 22" LED Light Bar
RHOX Steering Wheel
Speed Code 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2958.jpg (180.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2959.jpg (131.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2960.jpg (183.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2992.jpg (74.1 KB, 0 views)
Jwc1621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #2
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default re: '12 Precedent Build Thread

Initially looking at the cart, we knew it was dirty but as we started to take it down it was obvious that this cart had never seen an asphalt cart path. We started out of course by taking out the batteries removing the body and pressure washing the cart. After that was finished we went ahead and painted all of the plastic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2962.jpg (379.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2963.jpg (411.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2017, 09:51 PM   #3
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

The next stage for us was to begin to cut the dash to mount the stereo control as well as the volt meter and the switch panel. Once that was completed we began to pull wires. I had not worked on a 2012 prior to this, but I was pleasantly surprised at the extra built in wire chase in the floor. Considering the amount of wires that we are running, this was a huge help. Once completed we mounted the voltage reducer, fuse block, and ground post in the battery tub. We were able to angle the voltage reducer perfectly on the outside of the metal controller cover without the screws interfering with the controller or solenoid. Scotty B's voltage reducer has to be mounted to a metal surface according to the instructions, so this was pretty much the only place it could go. The amp is mounted against the upper back wall of the rear plastic assembly where it is out of the way, however still accessible through the access panel in the bag well.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:52 AM   #4
CustomGolfCartGuy
Gone Wild

i did one of these a few months ago, are you using a stretch kit or doing it yourself?
CustomGolfCartGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #5
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: '12 Precedent Build Thread

Sorry for the screw up on the Thread title! We are going to be going to be doing an 08 Precedent Stretch next and we will be doing it ourselves. This thread was just for a 4 seater. I will start that thread up most likely by the end of this week!
Old 05-10-2017, 09:39 AM   #6
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

We completed all of the additional wiring for our accessories to work along with installing the bucket harness, headlight harness, front and rear taillights. Following that we moved on to installing the body, which our buddy ended up getting off of one of our neighbors for $125. The body was in decent shape, after removing the "Champion Edition" pinstripe and other golf cart emblems we used some Goo Gone to remove the adhesive marks followed by a wash and wax. The color of the body came back nicely and almost looks brand new! On the cup holders and interior dash area we used some of the "Wipe New" from Rust Oleum. It did a really nice job bringing back the plastic, instead of having to paint into the dash area. Once the body was back on and secured, we moved forward with mounting the rear seat. We went this way since we knew the 8" speakers were going to be a tight fit and wanted to know exactly what we are working with. As a side note, the pics below are prior to the Wipe New and the Wax on the body.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2965.jpg (176.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2966.jpg (216.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2964.jpg (180.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-10-2017, 08:33 PM   #7
Jwc1621
Getting Wild

Club Car

With all of the "below deck" work done we went forward installing the lift. Unfortunately, we did not get any pictures of the rest of the build until the finished product. Feeding a bulk of wires for the LED driving mirrors, LED Light bar and interior lights was a chore but we got it done! Once all of that was in, we mounted the wheels and tires and buttoned up the wiring behind the switch panel and we were off. With Speed Code 4 we are getting right around 20-21 with the bigger tires. The cart came together nice and it was a blast to do. Today we finished it off with a custom front Badge. My neighbor has not gotten to drive it yet, as his wife Isabelle has declared it "hers". With that said, the cart is known as "Isa's Caddie". I am still amazed that with no prior experience with carts, and solely getting information from this forum, the cool things we are able to put together! Thanks BGW!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3019.jpg (108.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3015.jpg (134.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3017.jpg (215.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3018.jpg (192.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3016.jpg (157.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-11-2017, 06:34 AM   #8
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwc1621 View Post
Sorry for the screw up on the Thread title! We are going to be going to be doing an 08 Precedent Stretch next and we will be doing it ourselves. This thread was just for a 4 seater. I will start that thread up most likely by the end of this week!
Nice work, and title "adjusted"!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:41 AM   #9
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great looking cart. Well done!
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car