lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #1
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Springs/shocks

I havn't gotten under to check it out yet but it feels like I'm bottoming out on the shock. The cart is mostly used over rough terrain.

I realize many don't use shocks can you tell a difference in the dampening of the ride with or w/out?

Mine are stock one leaf, I have added a rearseat and will carry weight on the foot platform also (so that creates a little more leverage on the suspension.
My springs measure 29.5" c to c while on the cart. What should this measurement be new and relaxed?

I saw some in the Northern catalog that were 27" c to c this sounds like a cheaper route to go vs buying "golf cart springs" anyone tried it.

I don't want to get to hd spring as I need as smooth a ride as possible.
Thanks
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
goodoleboy80
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Springs/shocks

I don't have a clue. Just wanted to say nice buck in your pic.
goodoleboy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
CC-John
prop. A$$hole's Garage

A good compromise to the H.D. rear springs would be to use your old springs as an "add a leaf" to a new set of stock springs.. After cutting the eyes off of the end of the old ones, mount them to the bottom of the new ones using the center bolt.. If you paint a coat of anti-seize between the leaves, you'll get a smooth ride with a nice boost in weight capacity..
CC-John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

I don't notice a differance with out the shocks on my lifted 98. you could be bottoming out. That is a lot of weight to put that far back on a stock set of springs in my opinion.

-Aaron
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #5
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

You probably are bottoming out the shocks and depending on which lift, I bet the lower mounts are already bent from it. That's what happened to one of my CC's and this was with the HD leafs.

I like the 9" Z bracket lift kit from LA Concepts which comes with longer shocks. Other than that I agree the shocks don't really help in this case. You'd might be better off with out them.
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #6
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I know you didn't bag that buck near Wildwood, so where did get him??
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #7
Jim C
Gone Wild

Club Car

The seat and all is probably not over 75#s and its bottoming out sometimes with just me.

Thanks for the comments on the buck. There are some places around here that produce nicer racks, I'm just not lucky enough to be in one.
He'd of made a real nice 6 but he's only a 5, one browtine was broke while the rack was growing. It came from just out of Eufaula, AL. 170# and 17-5/8 inside spread.

Anyone what the length of the spring is supposed to be.
Jim C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts