lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2016, 07:54 AM   #11
Abomb55076
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1989 Par Car Fuel Issue

Also, I am from Duluth Minnesota, does anyone know where I can get parts faster than ordering them online? It sucks trying to troubleshoot these things and then waiting for parts for a week at a time.

Also, Also (sorry for all the questions at once), does anyone have a good picture of a similar year carts carburetor and how all the cables are attached to it? Theres something fishy with the way things are run to it right now and it seems like it should be hooked up differently.... I will get a picture once I
Abomb55076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2016, 08:14 AM   #12
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

The manufacturer would not have put it in there (spent the money) if they found it unnecessary.
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 11:51 AM   #13
Lochlin
Gone Wild

The check valve is critical as it prevents gas from flowing back into the tank. If that line empties completely then there is a good chance that you'll have to prime it back up by hand. In the unlikely event that you have an electric pump conversion then you don't need a check valve.

Those carbs are funny, they are sprung to open. This is opposite of what most carbs are. This confused the daylights out of me the first time I monkeyed with them.

What this means is that, when there is no cable attached, the throttle butterfly opens all the way meaning that the cart will be at full speed. With most carbs, the throttle cable pulls the throttle open. With these carts the cable pulls it shut. Hitting the accelerator actually pushes on the butterfly just a bit which allows it to open. Really, you can attach the cable a couple of different ways. You just have to make sure that the accelerator cable is pulling the carb closed at rest.

Sorry, I don't have a pic.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #14
Abomb55076
Not Yet Wild

This is what mine looks like.. Air filter is disconnected in the picture. Seems like the choke cable doesn't work very well but I did check to make sure it's moving the right direction.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #15
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Yes that is it. I was merely suggesting the check valve may be stuck closed. I don't need it on mine but TEW45 needs it on his older model so really don't know if you need one or not. All it does is keep the fuel line primed.

Did you pull the fuel line off the carb and see if it's pumping fuel?
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #16
Abomb55076
Not Yet Wild

I just went out to try and prime it by blowing in the gas tank and pushing fuel through the line until the air was gone and when I went to start it I realized the area where the fan is located was full of oil... It had been sitting for a couple weeks but why would there be so much oil in there? Was it from me blowing into the gas tank to force has through??
Old 06-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #17
Abomb55076
Not Yet Wild

Image1466722093.274814.jpg
Old 06-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #18
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

That is the oil injection pump. Looks like you have an oil leak. If its not an oil leak then the crank seal behind the fan is bad.

If it were me, I would disconnect that and mix my oil in with my gas and be done with that mess.
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 06:54 PM   #19
Abomb55076
Not Yet Wild

Ok here's a video of it now, any ideas why it doesn't want to start? https://vimeo.com/172038534
Old 06-23-2016, 09:32 PM   #20
tew45
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I have said many times an engine needs 3 things to run: Fuel, A spark at the right time, and compression. So Is your plug fouled? Have you checked for spark with a spark tester? What is your compression? Looks like you have a fuel leak and oil leak. Is it flooded with fuel or oil (check your plug)? If the three things are there it should run, Maybe not good but it should run. Also float bowl carbs may not need the check valve as much as the Tillotson but I think it has merit (like at least the screen)
tew45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar