lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2016, 10:41 AM   #1
cdegroodt
Not Yet Wild

Default Par Car wheels and tire combo

I have a 2000 Columbia Par Car gas if it matters. I am interested in getting a new set of wheels and tires. I was hoping to put on 12 inch wheels without any issues. I understand that the height of the current 8 rim/tire combo is 18" is it safe to put on 12" wheels with low profile tires say 215/35/12 or close so that the diameter is 18-18.5"? There appears to be plenty of clearance with the current setup.

Thanks in advance for any and all input!
cdegroodt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

Default Re: Par Car wheels and tire combo

If the stock wheel and tire is 18" and you want to put on wheels and tires that are 18.5" then they should clear. From the center of the hub outwards is only going to be 0.25" more.

Dont forget about the backspacing of the wheels.
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:42 PM   #3
cdegroodt
Not Yet Wild

I am thinking the offset of the wheels are 50/50 correct? Is it different on the Par Car?

Thanks
cdegroodt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
backyard
Gone Wild
Columbia

They are regular cart wheels so I do believe they are 50/50. I'd say the aftermarket wheels may be 50/50 also but I'd make sure.
backyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 02:58 AM   #5
Big E6
Not Yet Wild
Columbia

just wondering, how big did you go. I considering a 12 inch with 225/30 appears it will fit but haven't tried it yet, there is 12 and a half inches from the center of the hub to the closes point in the body. and the 225/30/12 measure approx 11 inches radius. would be close but i believe it will clear. One of my winter projects to add to the list. Ha Ha Ha
t
Big E6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar