lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-16-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default My New Harley!

So I'm cruising around Parkersburg today, just back from picking up my desktop computer from a repair place, and I decided to shortcut through an older resedential section. Carts just so happened to be the last thing on my mind, but sure enough out in front of this nice little house sat a golf cart with a for sale sign duct taped to the windshield. The older gentleman said he was selling it for his sister, asking $1200. After a test drive and a quick inspection, plus an offer of $1000, I went home to fetch a trailer for this thing of beauty.

IMG_20140816_184010_650.jpg

IMG_20140816_184024_277.jpg

IMG_20140816_184044_003.jpg

IMG_20140816_184053_908.jpg

IMG_20140816_184131_254.jpg
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
seoighs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: My New Harley!

Amazing deal. As nice as any I've ever seen!

Can you give us a peek 'under the hood'?
seoighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 06:47 PM   #3
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

IMG_20140816_184244_386.jpg

IMG_20140816_184313_490.jpg

IMG_20140816_184345_412.jpg

IMG_20140816_184450_147.jpg

Let me begin the details by saying the Buckeyes crap will be the first thing to go!!! It had a Buckeyes rear plate, but I soon beautified it with a spare old Chevy plate I had laying around. I would have never even considered yet another cart, let alone a gas cart, being I have a 2 stroke Marathon build going very slowly, but the price was right and we need a gas cart for camp, one with extra seating. This thing is in really good shape, and the addition of the CC steering wheel and top are actually well executed - I'm sort of fond of the tractor pins for the front roof support that allow the rear body to raise. I still don't know the year, gonna try and find out via the serial number. Seems to have a lot of bog in the throttle, choke makes it go away though, so a good tune up is in order along with a new belt, maybe a fuel pump. Seems to really struggle on a hill, but HAULS on flat ground. I always wanted one of these, this seems like a good place to start.
Old 08-16-2014, 06:48 PM   #4
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoighs View Post
Amazing deal. As nice as any I've ever seen!

Can you give us a peek 'under the hood'?
Thanks!

Done, see post above.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #5
seoighs
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I can see why that was hard to pass up. It's obviously been well (if infrequently) cared-for.

People spend many thou$ands and many months to get where you already are with that Harley. I find the rear suspension design...uh...interesting. A bit optimistic to rely on a single spring and shock ...but interesting.

Even a H-D key fob!

Thanks for the pix.
seoighs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #6
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoighs View Post
I can see why that was hard to pass up. It's obviously been well (if infrequently) cared-for.

People spend many thou$ands and many months to get where you already are with that Harley. I find the rear suspension design...uh...interesting. A bit optimistic to rely on a single spring and shock ...but interesting.

Even a H-D key fob!

Thanks for the pix.
But the suspension gets better! Notice the 4 turn-in style coil spacers on each rear spring. I'm assuming this is to limit suspension travel so that rear seat passengers don't cause the thing to bottom out. EDIT: just noticed that it looks like one spring, it has two - one on each side and a shock dead center.

The key fob is no generic HD one either, it's a genuine Harley fob from Fink's Harley Davidson in Zanesville, OH!

Joking aside, it is in good shape for its age, I found out earlier it is a 1971 Model D. Tune up, and probably a carb rebuild from what I have read, are next.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:38 PM   #7
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

That is one clean harley! I think the top addition is great and I like how it has newer style steering instead of the old tiller style. Really nice! I'm jealous
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #8
Rep
Gone Wild

Club Car

You did well. I'm searching for a vintage cart, and I'd be pleased to come across something that good in that price range.
Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:09 AM   #9
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

you always find things when your not looking for them . Nice find , it wouldn't have lasted long
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 08:09 AM   #10
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

WOW.....that thing is CLEAN!! its hard to believe you got it for that little!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides