lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2012, 06:17 AM   #11
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: Engine Block Pulley Removal - KF82

JB Welded it. Thanks!

Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #12
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Also, for the record, I removed the clutch the wrong way and that's what made this (my original post) an issue for me. I used a three-bolt puller tool thinking that was the way to remove it. This instead split the clutch, prompting me to remove it in pieces. I could have saved myself a lot of trouble using the single long bolt to remove the entire clutch assembly from the crank. Special thanks to slim67 (Chris) for showing me the light on this...

Oh well, at least now I know how the clutch goes together.
Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
Buckstivers
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did you find a rebuild kit for this engine. When we tore into my friends engine the rod had some wear and he is wanting to replace it. The retainer was missing from the cam so we put bolts in it but it chipped the piston so we must bore.
Buckstivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #14
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

were you able to get the other half of the clutch off the shaft?
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
Buckstivers
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

yea, we took a bolt that would go back in the hole and cut it to the threads on the outside and just screwed a bolt against it and it popped right off. I have found a rod for 56 bucks at a website and he said he found a piston and ring kit somewhere for 50 so we should be good to go.
Buckstivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #16
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

cool. ya thats pretty much what i did to get mine off. I cut down a 6" 1/4 socket extension. cut it down to 5 1/4" and then bought a 7/16-20 x 1 1/2" bolt to thread into there to run it off works good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7508.jpg (379.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #17
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quick question, I haven't completely assembled my motor yet but I don't see any clear way that this KF82 motor oils itself internally. When the rod is installed does it dip far enough into the oil to splash it up when the motor is running? Just curious.

Also, my connecting rod looks like it had some kind of bridge bracket that went across the bolt heads, possibly this is the piece that splashes the oil (?). It was broken when the rod let go so I can't re-install it. Will my new connecting rod come with that piece? Nobody who sells the rod shows that bracket installed or says anything about it in the web description.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:00 PM   #18
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Here's the rod with that bracket (got my thumb on it), I'm guessing this is what it should look like at the bottom of the rod. Eh?

Old 09-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #19
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes it is splash lubricated by the fin on the connecting rod. The part is called the "oil slinger" my motor didn't have it when I got it, I played he'll trying to find it. Tons of websites list the part but nobody had it instock an was an obsolete part. I ran the motor for 7 months without it just ran the case with extra oil in it so that the connecting rod itself would sling oil around And keep things good and lubricated. After about 6-7 months of religiously hunting for the darn thing one popped up on eBay for 25 bucks so I picked it up. But I did run without it for awhile, just make sure you add enough extra that it can sling it around and keep an eye on your oil level.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #20
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-c...-flathead.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car