lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
marwol26
Not Yet Wild

Question Controller for ezgo models

I figured out that Im going to need a new controller for my 96 electric Ezgo. Is there a certain way you have to install these things, or just take the old out and hook up the new one? I think that you have to perform some kind of program to the new controller before you install it? Also would any controller for ezgo work for my 96?

Mark
marwol26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller for ezgo models

No, You need to determine which drive system you have. In 1996 they made DCS and series carts both had a lever by your knee to change direction but only the DCS had a run/tow toggle switch on the controller cover.

Further, the series cart has a shifter linkage the goes to a big rotary switch mounted on the floor under the passenger seat.
And the DCS cart has a silver saucer on the back side of the F&R lever.... under the seat where the series cart has the big linkage rod.

All Alltrax controllers need to programmed or preprogrammed to match your cart and your needs. The person who sells it to you can do it for you or you can do it with a series to usb cable and some free software from Alltrax.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO