lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2022, 03:48 AM   #1
superblue
Not Yet Wild

Default Correct fuel for Columbia Par Cart 1994

hi
I have recently purchased a 1994 Columbia Par car gas as a first project. It's in a bit of a state, but it runs, and I will smarten it up. However, I require a little information on
The correct fuel (can it run on lead-free) and the correct fuel mixture ratio for it to run correctly.
it has two disconnected cables, which I believe should go to the governor. one I think fits a spring-loaded arm and the 2nd I'm at a loss as to where it connects. it looks like it should connect to the carb, but I can't see where.
Are these cables required for the car to run?
it faults with the fwd rev key switch; this I have purchased from a site in the USA and currently waiting for delivery
I should point out I'm based in the UK.
any help would be appreciated
Superblue
superblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-25-2022, 04:42 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Correct fuel for Columbia Par Cart 1994

These manuals may help.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/columbia-parcars/

https://evtechnicalservices.com/documents

I do not know these carts myself, but there are quite a few people here who do.
I too am in the UK and i wish you luck with this, as i dont think you will find many owners of these over here LOL.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 05:41 AM   #3
superblue
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the quick reply. I will take a look at the manuals. Your right about not many of these cars in the UK. Struggling to find any replacement parts other than in the States. I could do with knowing which parts are interchangeable from the more popular cars in the UK.
Old 07-25-2022, 06:07 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblue View Post
TYour right about not many of these cars in the UK. Struggling to find any replacement parts other than in the States. I could do with knowing which parts are interchangeable from the more popular cars in the UK.
Like I said, I wish you luck

I have been working on and repairing carts in the UK for over 30 years and i have never seen one yet!
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 03:21 PM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Hello fellas.

Regarding your cart, 100% it can run on lead free fuel. The correct fuel mix is 85 to 1 but ONLY if your cart had its oil pump removed. Understand, these carts came with oil pumps that injected 2 cycle into the carbs along with fuel where it got mixed. However, a lot of people disengaged those pumps as they weren't terribly reliable. If your cart still has the oil pump then you don't mix the gas / oil. You just have to make sure that the oil tank always has oil in it. If you don't have an oil tank then someone deleted it and you will need to mix. That second line that you think may go to the carb may well be from the oil tank.

Regarding the governor cable, just take all of that stuff off and it's mostly worthless anyway. You don't need it for sure.

Regarding parts, a lot of those are standard (unfortunately, not the key switch, though).

The solenoid(s) can be any 12v continuous duty one. The voltage regulator can be any 3 lead, 12v regulator. The starter / generators are very common and can be found just about anywhere (Ebay / Amazon). The coil are common and can be any 12v coil that is internally resisted.

Continuous duty solenoids are meant to be active the entire time a motor is running versus just during the starting cycle.

Internally resisted coils have some resistance in them to knock current down a bit as to not overheat the coil.
Lochlin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:56 PM   #6
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

I'm with Lochlin. The governor crap is just that, crap. Mine was all busted up when I got mine, I just deleted it all. The thing basically stock will do 25mph on flat ground if I really get into it. I just tootle around town so I like the slower driving myself.
tcanthonyii is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 02:06 AM   #7
superblue
Not Yet Wild

Thank you all for the help. This cart still has the oil tank, so that's a plus. I will leave the governor disconnected. The cable that I think should connect to the carb originates from the front of the engine.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 07-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #8
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Now this may be Wong for you but my Harley a 77 but it’s carb has a pump in the carb but if it is the same just by a new carb
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 01:48 PM   #9
superblue
Not Yet Wild

I'll take a look at the carb thanks.

just fitted the new fwd rev switch and its still the same. will go fwd but not reverse. If I change 2 cables over it will go in reverse and not fwd. It can't be the switch any ideas anybody?
Old 08-02-2022, 05:51 PM   #10
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon willis View Post
Now this may be Wong for you but my Harley a 77 but it’s carb has a pump in the carb but if it is the same just by a new carb
If the 94 is like my 95 there is no pump on the carb, it's separate and the carb is not obtainable. Have to go with an older ezgo or retrofit a mid 80's carb.
tcanthonyii is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar