lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-12-2022, 11:22 AM   #1
falonace
Not Yet Wild

Default Installing Amplifier - Odd Behavior

Hey everyone - I'm a new member with a new (to me cart), a 2010 Zone 6 seater. It has been in the family since 2009/2010 when it was originally purchased by my uncle. Its been a good cart and well maintained over the years.

I recently purchased a bluetooth amplifier and some marine speakers to put under the front seat. I've installed countless car stereo systems back in my younger years, validated my assumptions about some differences with a cart stereo install with the local cart shop and I got to work on the installation on Saturday.

Good news: All of the hard stuff is done, speaker holes cut, speakers installed, power cables run and secured under the cart and in wiring loom, switch for the remote power trigger installed (no need to have the amp powered up if I'm not listening), etc.

Bad news: When I went to connect to 12v, the 48v battery meter on the dash lit up. When I disconnected, the battery meter turned off. Even if I made a mistake and connected to the 48v side of the voltage reducer, I'm not sure how that would turn on the battery meter. Key remained off the whole time, cart in tow mode. I disconnected, tested that the cart and all 12v system still worked as expected and then had to leave town. I haven't had a chance to pull out the voltmeter and track stuff down.

Questions:

1) What could have caused the 48v battery meter to turn on?
2) The voltage reducer has four wires: black, red, green, and yellow. Green and yellow are larger gauge than the black and red. Black and red are probably 14-16 gauge while the green and yellow are probably 10 gauge. I was told that the black and red were 12v and green and yellow are 48v (none of the wires directly terminate on a battery post. Is this correct?

Thanks!
falonace is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts