lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2022, 08:52 AM   #1
mlb75
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default What tires

I've been having issues with stability especially as speed picks up and I've done about everything I can think of other than tires.

Cart is a 2018 Yamaha Drive2 with riot kit and extreme team LiFePO4 high output battery. It had what I think was a Jakes 6" drop spindle lift that frankly I don't know if it was the lift or who put it on (it was on the cart when I got it) but it had a ton of play in just about every direction so I replaced it with an RHOX 6" A-arm lift with new spindles, knuckles, shocks, and steering rack, basically an entire new front end that's now tight and I'm still getting squirrely. Super frustrating to say the least.

That brings me to about the only thing I can think of and that's the tires. They're 23x10/14 Duro they say not for highway use and have a pretty aggressive knobby so I'm thinking I'm getting the handling issues from them, any thoughts?

If it's the tires obviously I need to swap them because the cart is borderline dangerous to drive fast especially if there are people on the back. I want to keep as large a tire as possible otherwise the lift looks ridiculous but I'm also working on a way to reduce the amount of lift in the kit but that's another thread.

Any help would be appreciated.
mlb75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2022, 09:37 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What tires

What is your toe setting at? And what pressure are your current tires set to?
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:47 AM   #3
mlb75
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Toe is about even maybe slight toe in and 15# They say 10 max but just didn't seem right to be that low.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:50 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Try a little more toe in. Especially if you are experiencing bump steer. Maybe also a little higher tire pressure if mostly riding on pavement rather than off road.
Old 07-11-2022, 09:53 AM   #5
mlb75
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I'll give it a shot, I'll take it to 20psi first and then more toe. It's off road very seldom and even then it's basic trails not mud bogging so I don't need the off road tires they're just the only way to get a bigger diameter...

Thanks
Old 07-11-2022, 09:55 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

You should be able to find tires for grass machinery in bigger diameters that have smoother fairway style patterns.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts