lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2022, 09:06 AM   #1
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Help what lift kit ?

I did an IQ conversion on my 1995 Club Car DS now looking to improve the ride. Used as transportation around our over 55 community no off road. I'd like to get a 20- 22 inch tire using the 12 X 8 the wheels I have.

Suggestions?

Jake's economy 4" kit work the one requiring the frame to be cut?

This a better option 1982-96 Club Car DS - Jake's 4 Inch Double A-Arm Lift Kit

Any others I should consider?
Ger42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2022, 06:37 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Help what lift kit ?

The ride on the Club Car is just not that good due to the leaf spring design. It's not really designed for ride quality and doesn't have much suspension movement to soak up the bumps. If there is a Jakes Long Travel kit that would be the "softest" riding lift that I know of. I've seen some other "Long Travel" kits but they ride pretty stiff. The Jakes LT kits are a double wishbone design and are modeled after atv suspensions.

The key to a soft ride is getting more suspension movement, using a softer spring, and having a good shock absorber. Another key is suspension design and geometry. Typically a "double wishbone" design is best for a soft ride. Some vehicles us a "macpherson strut" design and those work well too. Google both of those and you'll learn why.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:17 PM   #3
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Went with Steeleng

LKDS02 - SGC LIFT KIT - 6" HEAVY DUTY DOUBLE A-ARM

12"X7" BLACK 'NIGHT STALKER' ALUMINUM ALLOY WHEELS / TIRES (OPTIONAL) COMBO 22" Stinger on road/off road
Old 07-07-2022, 04:57 PM   #4
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Lift kit and tires have arrived. Took out the old suspension this morning too hot right now to do any work. Plan to install front tomorrow and the rear Saturday. Work from around 8AM to noon. Tomorrows high 100 degrees Sat 114.

This 80 yr old body can only take so much.

0D10B528-E2F6-4596-8944-EE554923B37B.jpg

9341CF8F-A9C1-4375-8771-A4834360D686.jpg

E107E1FA-1CA9-4EE4-B94D-D8EA9A08D006_1_201_a.jpg
Old 07-08-2022, 09:41 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Looks nice, although that is also a leaf spring design, correct? Not sure that will "improve" the ride. Hopefully it will be better for you. I have used Steeleng parts and they are good quality. Sometimes with the lift it might even handle worse, just comes with the territory with big tires and higher center of gravity. Key will be getting the toe adjustment spot on and keeping tire pressure on the low side, say 10 lbs or so. You can play with the tire pressure, but I find any more than 15 psi on a cart and the ride gets stiff. My atv's all run about 5-6 psi.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 06:02 PM   #6
RickO
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ger42 View Post
Lift kit and tires have arrived. Took out the old suspension this morning too hot right now to do any work. Plan to install front tomorrow and the rear Saturday. Work from around 8AM to noon. Tomorrows high 100 degrees Sat 114.

This 80 yr old body can only take so much.
My hat is off to you sir. I'm 72 and live near Phoenix and spent this morning installing my Madjax 3.5" lift kit in the garage. We're hitting 111* and 115* tomorrow. I got the front and half of the rear done before quitting at 1pm. At 1:15pm I was taking a nap. :)

Enjoy the project.
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 04:22 PM   #7
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Nothing has gone smoothly on this cart. Been having trouble getting things to line up when installing the rear so decided to remove the motor. Bad decision wife sprained her wrist yesterday so no help. Strapped up the motor from above laid down under the cart started getting it off it slipped the strap and fell to the floor breaking the part that attaches it to the differential. Sent an Email to ScottyB to see what can be done.

F751FA3B-A0C5-4294-8095-C9B7B993F7A5.jpg
Old 08-28-2022, 07:31 PM   #8
Ger42
Getting Wild
Club Car

Ride is back on the road. Ride is 100% better than before. Now I need to fix the piss poor paint job I did. Transaxle has a small leak trying to seal it from the outside if it needs to be torn apart I will send the whole cart out my body nor mind could take getting the whole thing pulled apart then back together.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts