lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2021, 12:28 AM   #1
RoboHarleyGolf70
Not Yet Wild
Harley Davidson

Question Fuel Door and Hinge 1979-80 - Real need to finish Restoration!

I have done a 1980 gas 3-Wheel Harley Davidson Restoration project and one of the few things I need to finish is the Rear Fuel Door Cover with Hinge Assembly. I can't find this darn thing anywhere! I have been literally spending time every week for the past year searching online, reaching out to any leads, trying to get people selling carts to part it off, etc... No Luck. I bought a bunch off of Vintage Golf Cart Parts online store but there listings for it have been saying NLA (no longer available) forever. Really want to keep this stock for most part and not have to fabricate something, but may come down to that. Anyone have any leads or willing to sell this part for me?? Would pay premium price! OEM Part Numbers - HD 61301-79 and HD 61810-79
Attached Images
File Type: png hd-door.PNG (160.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png hd-hinge.PNG (106.7 KB, 0 views)
RoboHarleyGolf70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2022, 03:25 PM   #2
Leon willis
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Fuel Door and Hinge 1979-80 - Real need to finish Restoration!

I have one it is in good shape but the one ribit broke off the body so if you what it tell me a price because I have no clue what there woth
Leon willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:09 PM   #3
reggman
Not Yet Wild

The picture of the hinge is the "it will work" option, but it looks nothing like what the original is. I have one. I also have a cracked "AMF-HD" version off my 1980 and then I have a completely mint HD one from the mini hinge ear that will soon have the emblem liberated from it. You should just do what I did. I went to a metal fabricator and had him make me one out of 1/4" steel then powder coated it. MUCH better design and won't crack long term. It's the reason you are having so many issues finding one. They all busted over the years.
reggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2022, 07:56 AM   #4
reggman
Not Yet Wild

Photos of late model original hinge attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220603_075000.jpg (187.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20220603_074955.jpg (195.3 KB, 0 views)
reggman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel cover, fuel tank, gas tank, harley, hinge assembly
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson