lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
cewillis
Not Yet Wild

Default G1e axle in G14e?

Does anyone know for sure whether or not a complete G1e axle, with differential and brakes, would fit in a G14e?
cewillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2009, 07:01 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1e axle in G14e?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewillis View Post
Does anyone know for sure whether or not a complete G1e axle, with differential and brakes, would fit in a G14e?
I would think your G14e has a Dana transaxle and uses a specific motor and axle tube mounts. G1e's use a Hitatchie motor and "bolted" on axle housings. Anything is possible, but how much work and fabbbing are you willing to do ? Any specific reason for this question? Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #3
cewillis
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
I would think your G14e has a Dana transaxle and uses a specific motor and axle tube mounts. G1e's use a Hitatchie motor and "bolted" on axle housings. Anything is possible, but how much work and fabbbing are you willing to do ? Any specific reason for this question? Later Dave
Reason is the replacement axle is cheap, and the bearing are shot in the G14.
I like the bolted on axle housings.
Do the two differentials both have a 19 spline input shaft, and the same motor mounting bolt pattern? If these aren't the same, then I don't want to do it.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cewillis View Post
Reason is the replacement axle is cheap, and the bearing are shot in the G14.
I like the bolted on axle housings.
Do the two differentials both have a 19 spline input shaft, and the same motor mounting bolt pattern? If these aren't the same, then I don't want to do it.
No, early Yami's had 10 spine (as I recall) and do not bolt up the same. Early Yami's had an assortment of axles and tube lengths and I have mixed and matched before to make a custom build, but the motor is differant. If only the bearings (?) are bad.....take it apart and replace them. It does happen that input shaft/bearings to go bad.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
cewillis
Not Yet Wild

OK, thanks. That won't work then.
The bearings cost more than the G1 axle.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
larry2of5
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I havent tried to match bearings on my golf carts yet, but when i worked as a parts manager for Hyster and we needed bearings for a of brand forklift or whatever there was a bearing shop we could go to and match up a lot of bearings and the price was a LOT cheaper than factory prices. If you have a bearing supplier it might be worth a try.
larry2of5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha