lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #21
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Extreeeeeme DC! Power Wheels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Thankfully, He is watching! The PW will be there when this other deal is under control. We are all in this together, - prayers.
Thank you! Prayers are always appreciated!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2019, 08:58 PM   #22
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiigDaddy View Post
My wife also had a SCAD (Sudden Corneal Arterial Dissection) she was 37 and zero previous indicators or health issues. To have one is rare, to survive is even more rare. Be sure to have your wife search up SCAD Survivor groups on FB and become familiar with all the symptoms, as it can--and does, happen multiple times. I'm so glad she is okay. Feel free to PM me and I can get you and your wife more support info!

--Ryan
Sorry to hear about your wife. I will certainly look up SCAD, I had not heard of this before. Certainly need to see the signs so we know what to look for and how likely it is to happen again.

Her dissection was of the Left Marginal Artery (aka. Obtuse Marginal Artery).
Old 07-17-2019, 08:12 AM   #23
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, Back on track. Wife is doing well, no more heart issues so long as BP stays low and she's on a couple meds for that (several changes to get there, all stable now). No more ER trips either in the last 2 months.

So my boy and I were back at the powerwheels last night.

The mods we've completed as of last night:
- Steering changed to allow sharper angles
- Power resistor added to reduce braking force (save plastic gears)
- Cooling fins added to motors
- 64ah 5S pack mounted in the rear

Boy does he love it! The thing takes off like a rocket! He ran that for about 45 minutes last night (probably 40 minutes pedal time) and the pack started at 20.2 and was still 20.2 at the end! I didn't check individual cells last night and my DVM only gives me hundredth resolution below 20v. The charger said I started at 20.18 so I'll know more when I check with the charger later.

In process mods:
- Horns. They are mounted, horn button mounted in steering wheel and wire partially complete.

Mods still todo:
- Audible Low Voltage alarm and status display.
- Create standardized balance cables, the proprietary Fiat ones are useless.
- Convert front tires to rubber for better traction and quieter running
- Add LED headlights and taillights that are on whenever he is on the gas
- Spray on bedliner on the plastic rear wheels to hopefully make them last longer. He drifts a lot...
- paint job, plastidip? Spray paint? TBD

No pictures from last night, the storm was coming in and I wasn't thinking about pics. Tonight is a work-paid-for happy hour so I don't expect any photos tonight either, but I should get pictures Thursday eve.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:54 AM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Nice!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 04:11 AM   #25
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hope all is well man! I see it's been a few weeks.

Excited to see those pics! Its sounds awesome! Hopefully I'll be building one of these in a few years!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 07:56 AM   #26
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Figured I'd drop a line as Wifey just finished her Cardiac Therapy. They've taken her off of one of the blood thinners. She is nearing the 1 year mark and the head of cardiology at Shands Hospital said "she's not out of the woods until it's been a year". Almost there. Man, I tell you God has been on our side through this. The full rundown of what she had was a SCAD (heart attack) and Two Pulmonary Embolisms. They have her on two blood thinners (now 1 thinner) and three BP meds.

The good news is it has almost been a year. She doesn't have chest pain anymore, not even occasional chest pain. Her BP is finally controlled.

She's been to multiple Cardiologists and one of them (the old guy who's been at it for 40 years and saw it all) told us that he knows why she had the SCAD... I want to post this as a Public Service Announcement... The SCAD was caused by something we thought was helping her.

He said that a SCAD is almost always associated in women with a hormone change. It is most often seen after the mom has given birth. My wife was on hormone replacement threapy... It gave her a lot more energy, focus and libido, but it ended up giving her a heart attack. Also found out that her OBGYN was not checking her hormone levels every three months like he was supposed to. The head of cardiology told us the hormone seeds they were giving her caused the SCAD.

If your wife is receiving hormone replacement therapy MAKE SURE the doc is taking a regular sampling of her hormone levels. Her OBGYN told us that the "seeds" are self regulating, the body only absorbs what it needs. He was full of malarkey, but we didn't know.

We are literally less than 2 months away from getting officially past this heart attack!

Thank you all for your support. Thank you for helping me with golf cart stuff, but far more importantly thank you for the kind words and prayers since 4/8/2019. May God bless you all.
Old 02-15-2020, 08:00 AM   #27
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Great news!! I wish your family the best!!

Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 12:48 PM   #28
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkerle View Post
Great news!! I wish your family the best!!

Ditto - and thanks for posting those details about HRT and the connection to SCAD.
Thankful your wife is OK!
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:11 PM   #29
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

God is great my brother! Glad to hear she's doing so well.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 08:28 AM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

When you have your health.....you are blessed!! Health is everything!! I'm glad it's all working out for you guys!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium