lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #1
ecu
Not Yet Wild

Default GPS tracker for Golf Cart

My golf cart was stollen last week, so I have been trying to figure out how to track the cart if it is ever is stolen again. I found the Spot Trace. There is a deal for $100 rebate on the device. Making it free and just a $100 a year service fee.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6826998-spot...ation-required
ecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: GPS tracker for Golf Cart

I saw this on the made in china website:
http://www.dx.com/p/mini-multi-funct...5#.UzttRsHD-Hs

You put a sim card in it from your cell phone, call it and it returns the current location. So the annual service contract is whatever you pay for the cell contract on the sim card. Your slickdeals is probably a cheaper route, but if someone has a cheap pay-as-you-go cell plan this might be better.

Also, sorry to hear your cart was stolen. It really chaps my hide how thieves feel OK just taking stuff that other people work hard for.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:12 AM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Spot Trace is cheaper then LoJack unless you keep it more then 5 years then LoJack is cheaper. Spot Trace requires a line of site view to a satellite for service so it cannot be completely covered by metal. It can transmit through some fiberglass. testing would be required before permanently mounting.
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #4
ecu
Not Yet Wild

Lo jack coverage is more limited. With trace you can view its location anytime. Mine is coming today, but still waiting for insurance to approve new cart. Any suggestions on a secret location to hide the trace from a thief.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Just a thought, but if it looks suspicious, it may get removed by a thief. Maybe camouflage it to look like some other electrical device, in a box with fake wires running in and out of it.

I'd think behind the dash would be a good hiding place, as it will be surrounded by fiberglass and not metal.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
ecu
Not Yet Wild

I just got it today, and it is very small. I was thinking under the front cowl. Then it won't be seen at all.
Old 04-02-2014, 02:36 PM   #7
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'd think behind the dash would be a good hiding place, as it will be surrounded by fiberglass and not metal.
TXT body isn't fiberglass so some "testing" would be required before commiting to a location.
Old 04-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #8
ecu
Not Yet Wild

It will be a 2013 Express it says Injection-molded TPO
Old 04-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #9
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I understand. I just don't know how "transparent" the molded body is to microwave energy. It's not something an average person can measure. Worst case is you install it on roof center and hope they don't notice it.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #10
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Nope, roof is first thing they remove so they can stash cart in low clearence areas. Might also want to consider a form of backup power for this device, as the batterys are often stripped quickly too. We have had some taken from us as well, if they come back, roof is always off.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO