Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration
Restoration Early 70's and older restoration projects

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2022, 09:36 AM   #1
Gunner7800
Not Yet Wild

Default Early 60’s EzGo

I recently acquired an electric ezgo from an uncle that passed. I’d like to restore it but I’m needing some direction. My best guess is it’s 1962-1964 and I’m unsure of the model. I’d like to find a manual for it and some direction/suggestions to find parts. It has a 36V motor that works however, I’m not sure if it works properly. I’d like to use lithium batteries when finished. My experience is with gas carts and I know very little about electrics. Due to the condition this is going to be a substantial project but I’m in no hurry to complete. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Gunner7800 is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2022, 11:07 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Early 60’s EzGo

Neat cart....gonna be fun. ScottyB probably has everything you need and he's a sponsor. I'm sure someone will be along soon to help suggest to you how to spend your money :)

Also, Welcome to the forum.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:00 AM   #3
Lochlin
Gone Wild

All of these old carts were basically set up the exact same way: A battery pack, a set of resistors, and a bunch of solenoids that all come together for speed control. For the most part, all "resistor" carts have the same basic wiring configurations. Post up as you go along. I am confident that we'll be able to walk you through whatever you find.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 09:08 AM   #4
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

You're probably going to have more money in it than you'll ever get out of it so plan on keeping and enjoying it. That's a project for sure! Have fun, parts may be hard to find.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 11:47 AM   #5
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
You're probably going to have more money in it than you'll ever get out of it so plan on keeping and enjoying it. That's a project for sure! Have fun, parts may be hard to find.
I restore old carts as a hobby and you are correct on a lot of accounts. Indeed, if anyone is planning on restoring and selling these for profit, good luck to you. I might be able to sell some of my carts for more than the cost of the materials needed to get them restored. Factor in time, though, and it's not even close.

Parts availability may initially look bleak but it's actually ok. You just have to be willing to get creative and adapt things beyond their intended use. IE, retrofit parts from other carts and such. Again, these old electric carts all operated on the same basic principals. As such, it's not overly difficult to swap parts between them. Basic metal fabrication skills and a welder sure makes things easier.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2022, 08:53 PM   #6
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Looks pretty solid. I have seen much newer carts in worse shape.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 08:32 AM   #7
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

First thing I would do is evaluate the condition of the frame and what it would take to do any needed repairs before I spent money on anything else.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Restoration