lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2012, 10:20 PM   #1
Indivisible
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Which gas motor to replace the stock motor in a 1994 Marathon GX444?

Hi guys, was going to mention this in another thread but I figured it was a different question/topic and deserved a new thread-

Thanks to YOU guys, I know that I have a 1994 EZGO Marathon gas GX444. It is a beautiful cart, bone stock, with the exception of a lift, wheels, and tires. I (like nearly all men in existence) want more power- I'd like for it to be able to drive up the ramps into my truck bed on its own, and to be able to go a bit quicker than the stock 25 or so- and it would be great if it could take two grown men up a fairly steep hill without struggling or sitting there..

Has anyone here DONE a replacement (not just heard of a guy) on this particular golf cart, and can you tell me what the experience was like, which motor was used, if any mods were required, what kind of difference it made, was it worth it etc. etc.?

Perhaps there are performance mods that can be made to the existing motor/carb that help? Someone suggested a belt swap as a cheap easy way to help, which sounds super, but I'm still not 100% clear on what part number and if anyone has done this on my actual cart, what the results were etc. I am disabled, so I must pay to have *some* of the work on my cart done- so I'd want to make sure about something before doing it even as simple (I used the term loosely) as a belt swap-
Indivisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO