lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
floorin04
Gone Wild

Default Battery

Best way to clean them.The outside is fine its just the covers are trashed from the red spray on the terminals.I am talking about the cell covers themselves they are suppose to be white.Mine look like they have been thru a war and a few fires
floorin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I could try a number of things; throw a little baking soda on them and put some vinegar in a spray bottle, let it sit there and do whatever it does for a few minutes, and wash it off. You could get some Ajax or Bar Keeper's Friend and put some elbow grease into it with a brush. You could always order some battery cleaner from a golf cart site, but I think one of the former would be just as good. :)
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:04 PM   #3
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

A car wash does a great job too.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your talking about getting the red protective spray off.......try a rag soaked in laquar thinner..............pull the cover off and don,t let the stuff sit on the cover but thinner will take it off and than dry the cover........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:43 AM   #5
floorin04
Gone Wild

thanks for the info!!!That is what I was asking for.
floorin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #6
roady89

I just wanted to add this side note here. This tip might be good for someone wanting to add some color to their battery tops.

This is a little trick I learned back in my r/c car days.
1. Get a big pot of water and get it boiling
2. Pick yourself a color of fabric die. (Rit, etc) Put the die in the water. mix well.
3. Take your white plastic items (in our case, Battery Tops) and place them in the boiling water for a few minutes. Longer you leave them the darker the color will be.
4. Take them out and you have colored tops. The color will not come off!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car