lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 03:47 PM   #1
LI_WxMAN
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Drive 2 Driven Clutch Adjustment

Hi -

I have a fleet 2020 Drive2 that had a High Speed Gear installed by the dealer (10" tires still). The drive belt slips when starting and is especially bad when on grass (golf course) and any type of incline and with 2 people in the cart. It just chunks away with the driven clutch slipping. The dealer I got the cart from is a 1000 miles away and no Yamaha dealer locally will touch it since I didn't buy it from them - plus I'm sure it's related to the high speed gear. My dealer told me he got the gear from Nivel (Jacksonville) - and based on their website it's probably a 9:3:1

I tried a yellow "Power Spring" but it didn't solve the issue and had the engine revving at a reduced cruising speed. I put back the OEM spring, but I have no idea where to set it in the multiple holes. I can't find any information on the settings for the spring anywhere.

Also, there seems to be some "slop" in the bearing on the outer sheave. No clue it this is normal.

Any suggestions on how on might "tune" the driven clutch to allow a smoother start ??

Thanks.
LI_WxMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
clutch, drive2
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha