lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 01:54 PM   #1
Dklsc
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha electrics into Ezgo

Have a wrecked yamaha I removed the motor and electrics from and installed in a ezgo. The motor is installed on the oppisite side so it runs backwards what it should. If I try reversing the polarity of the field coils or the armature coils the controller does nothing. Any ideas ? Thanks
Dklsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 04:12 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha electrics into Ezgo

Swapping the cables on the motor's S1 & S2 terminals (or F1 & F2 if it is a sepex drive), should sync the cart's direction with the F/R selector.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:36 AM   #3
Dklsc
Not Yet Wild

I have tried that but the controller does not respond at all. Is there a way to “force” a sync or reset on the controller. When I put the F1 & F2 back to original position everything works fine.
Old 08-05-2021, 11:30 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I know next to nothing about Yamaha carts. I know neither the manufacturer nor the model of the controller in question, or the model of the cart it came out of. You mentioned the F1 & F2 cables, so I suspect it is a sepex drive.

The only schematic I have for a Yamaha sepex drive is one with an Alltrax XCT controller installed, but it doesn't look any different than EZGO sepex drives other than the jack/pin numbers of the control wiring and a different throttle type. So swapping F1 & F2 ought to work and I have no idea why it doesn't.

Since it is a Yamaha drive and only the frame and body is EZGO, maybe you'd get some answers or suggestions in the Electric Yamaha forum.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:26 PM   #5
Dklsc
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO