lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2021, 04:05 PM   #1
STLDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default 2021 Drive2 QT EFI Fleet - Muffler Swap?

I picked up a 6 month used 2021 D2 QT EFI Fleet. Previous owner put on 205/65R10's (no lift), rear seat and a RHOX light and blinker kit. Based on engine bay inspection, the governor has already been turned up to the max. This cart will be a subdivision cruiser.

Of course, since I don't have the PTV, I don't have the higher speed gears. On flat ground with about 200 lbs in the cart, it'll run 20-21 MPH (this per my scooter's speedo, riding along side it). I'm honestly OK with this for now, as my kid will start driving this in time. The area I'd really like to improve is better power delivery for the long, near boat ramp type, hills in my subdivision.

I'm becoming more and more aware of the Plowman options thanks to threads on this site. A clutch-spring-belt upgrade is quite interesting. However, I feel like this thing is also pretty choked up as is. I noticed that this Fleet has the cylinder type basic Yamaha muffler (see attached pic). Does anyone think it be worth "upgrading" to the boxier stock PTV muffler (also attached), of course removing the spark arrestor before install, to see what kind of gains I might experience?

Per bigskygolfcars.com, looks like it would be a good $300 to buy all the stock PTV muffler parts. Maybe I could find one on eBay. I also see that Plowman's has a muffler ($399), but not sure if it's fits a D2.

Hey, I'm open to all opinions, and I'm excited to join this online community!
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drv2 Fleet muffler.jpg (22.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Drv2 PTV muiffler.jpg (28.1 KB, 0 views)
STLDrive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #2
STLDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2021 Drive2 QT EFI Fleet - Muffler Swap?

No ideas, eh? OK, so the reason that I asked this is that I've seen comments that taking the spark arrestor off the PTV style muffler has given performance gains. I don't know if my Fleet muffler even has an SA, and if it does, I guess it is internal/no access?

It would seem a PTV muffler with the SA removed would be a step up, but I don't know if it justifies the price unless I could find a cheap one on eBay. The hundreds that it would take to get the muffler might be better put towards a Plowman's kit. When people add these clutch kits, are you keeping your exhaust stock?
STLDrive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
Godfather
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2021 Drive2 QT EFI Fleet - Muffler Swap?

I removed the SA from my 2018 PTV and had zero performance gain….. but I removed it to prevent future clogging issues.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha