lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2021, 09:39 AM   #1
RussECU
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2011 G29 Carb with backfire

Looking for some assistance with a backfire. I have read a few threads with a search to gain some ideas to try first. The backfire was after coming to a complete stop and right after engine turns off. Items I have checked/done:

1. Checked carb flap to see if closing all the way. It is as far as I could see.
2. Adjusted air/fuel mix screw as far right as I could. Did not remove the protective cover.
3. New Carb gaskets
4. Cleaned Carb as much as possible without disassembling it.
5. New Spark Plug
6. Checked overhead....it is a little loose but not bad. Didn't adjust yet.

No backfire as often as before when stopped but I think I hear a little backfire upon deceleration now.

Recommendations? I do believe this is original carb on cart. Especially by how much dirt was on it.
RussECU is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2021, 09:49 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 G29 Carb with backfire

I know you said you checked to see if carb flap is closing all the way, but have you tried removing the screw on top that the cable stop rests against...this is an idle screw and these carts don't idle they go off of stop switch at pedal. Follow throttle cable to carb, where the cable attaches is a flap, under that is a stop screw...take that off and see if it makes any difference...just something to try...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:26 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

I have also been stumped before with an issue like yours and can only add that it is fuel that is getting into the cylinder.
That being said I found even with the throttle shaft closing all the way and not hitting the stop screw I couldn't eliminate the backfire.
Before I pulled my last hair out I removed the carb to do a full teardown and soak, I found the butterfly plate on the throttle shaft had turned and was holding it open.
Pull the carb and give it a 100% going over.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:00 PM   #4
RussECU
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
I know you said you checked to see if carb flap is closing all the way, but have you tried removing the screw on top that the cable stop rests against...this is an idle screw and these carts don't idle they go off of stop switch at pedal. Follow throttle cable to carb, where the cable attaches is a flap, under that is a stop screw...take that off and see if it makes any difference...just something to try...
I will take a look. I think I may have backed out this screw to where it just barely touches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
I have also been stumped before with an issue like yours and can only add that it is fuel that is getting into the cylinder.
That being said I found even with the throttle shaft closing all the way and not hitting the stop screw I couldn't eliminate the backfire.
Before I pulled my last hair out I removed the carb to do a full teardown and soak, I found the butterfly plate on the throttle shaft had turned and was holding it open.
Pull the carb and give it a 100% going over.
I am afraid I will have to do this when I get the time. Should have done it when I was already accessing it.

Thanks for both responses.
RussECU is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha