lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2021, 02:04 PM   #1
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Default Brakes go to the floor. Help

I noticed today pulling into my garage a little quicker than normal and the brakes were to the floor and didn't stop finally just before hitting something it stopped. I checked it on the road and sure enough it goes to the floor with min. braking.

I checked the the reservoir and its full. Any advice on why my peddle goes to the floor and what I can do about it. Not safe right now. I assume I may have air in the lines but not sure. Or could it be the master cylinder going bad? Thoughts?

I'm guessing I need to bleed the brakes to try but has anyone else had this problem? What brake fluid would I get for the ICON?
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
capitalst
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Brakes go to the floor. Help

I decided to bleed the brakes and had no air in the line. Still going to the floor. Any other ideas?
capitalst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:47 AM   #3
ATrain
Gone Wild

If you've correctly bled the brakes and confirmed there's enough fluid, I would call the dealer. That's covered under the 2-year warranty.

https://iconev.com/wp-content/upload...ddress-1up.pdf
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 11:03 PM   #4
Idontgolf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It sounds to me like a bad brake pump. Rather than pull it all apart, I would try the warranty route. But if that was not an option, I would check the pump seals. Somewhere there is a loss of pressure, so you just have to track it down.
Idontgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon