lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2021, 08:33 AM   #41
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Help intall SW202 FnR sitch on Stealth Patriot

So that makes sense, when micro switch is triggered for reverse, it would have feed from the wire with the resistor to give "half speed". So, if I cut wire (before the split/resistor) and connect to green, it will have full power to the controller (I will have full speed reverse, which is OK).
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2021, 10:30 PM   #42
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Wasn't there somebody on here a while back with a Stealth with no reverse? Bet we could help him figure it out now!
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 09:19 PM   #43
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Remember this post by Sergio? I highlighted a statement in the middle.

Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Stealth 72v Night Hawk 4x4 problem
If Your controller number is what you posted earlier : 60L700NNVSS2 than it is a Series controller (previous FNR test is not applicable) and it uses a 3-wire Voltage throttle and not a 2-wire 5k-0 rheostat throttle.

The Correct voltage on pin #3 should be less than 0.3v with pedal Up and more than 4.65v with pedal all the way Down.

Just pull the terminal wire from #3 enough that you can put the meter probe on the terminal but leave the throttle wire connected.

The above voltage is for the FNR in Forward.

Repeat the test with the FNR in Reverse.

If Your cart has reduced reverse speed, there will be a resistor added to the throttle circuit by a micro-switch that is activated when the FNR is in the Reverse position.

In this case the voltage in Reverse will still start under 0.3v but the max voltage with pedal all the way down will be less than 3v.

The best way to test the Controller output which takes in consideration: Main Solenoid, FNR switch, all high current cables and both Motor windings is:

Raise one of the rear wheels off the ground (or both if limited slip differential).
Put the FNR in Forward
Set the meter to DC 200v
Place meter positive probe on Controller M-
Place meter negative probe on Controller B-

The voltage should be a little less than pack voltage with pedal UP (pre-charge resistor causes a voltage drop).

Press the pedal a little until the Solenoid closes, the voltage will rise to pack voltage since the Solenoid contacts will by-pass the pre-charge resistor.

Continue to press the pedal and the voltage should drop, when the pedal is all the way down the voltage should be 0v.

Repeat the test above with the FNR in Reverse.

If You don't get those results, please post the actual reading you got as that will point to where the failure is occurring.
Old 08-05-2021, 09:25 PM   #44
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

And this one.

Yourkillinmesmalls
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Stealth 72v Night Hawk 4x4 problem
If this helps anyone I had to replace my throttle controller main box as it fried after upgrading rev forward contactor with a sw202 (i highly recommend over stock junk). I end up having this company rebuild it for around $600. They also sell new for much more. LINK: https://shop.fsip.biz/en/product/con...l700nnvss2This will help if your controller is silver and says FS60L700NNVSS2

You have to fill out a form and send it in. (Took a lil while but I'm good to go now)

Controller wires
B+ to battery + and to motor armature
B- to battery -
M1 output to motor field
J1 Key switch
J2 connect to wire 1 of rheostat
J3 connect to wire 2 of rheostat
Old 08-06-2021, 08:02 AM   #45
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Thanks, I've had to put this on hold because of the 2w's (work & wife)....will try to get back on it this weekend. Let you know progress. Thanks for your help with this. Sure miss Sergio....he was a wealth of information.
Old 08-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #46
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Got back on it today. I rewired everything to ScottB’s diagram. Everything looks good except i have a purple wire that runs from mcor to B- on controller. Not sure what to do about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2021, 03:55 PM   #47
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

This is old setup. I connected green/white wire to orange wire in position #1 on controller (pigtailed wire to solenoid), connected black wire to green wire in position 2 (got rid of splice and reducer).

Old 08-07-2021, 04:00 PM   #48
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I rerouted all the big cables to match ScottyB diagram. I think at this point, I trust his way rather than how mine was wired. Someone has been hacking on this thing. Wires everywhere that go to nowhere.

Old 08-07-2021, 08:51 PM   #49
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

You have to leave it on the B- lug to ground your mcor. His drawing is just showing the old 2 wire potentiometer. Leave the 1-2-3 wires on the controller the way they were. #1 to solenoid and front m/s. #2 green wire from back 3 wire m/s(that you connected the black wire to. #3 yellow wire from mcor.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:05 PM   #50
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I rerouted all the big cables to match ScottyB diagram.
Yep he has a note on there that the numbers he has in red is the new way.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts