lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2021, 09:34 AM   #1
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Default Quick Motor Question

So this motor is rated at 16mph

https://ddmotorsystems.com/ChooseAMo...otors-Computer

Does this mean even though I have the upgraded alltrax 400a controller and got 28mph with the stock 3.3hp motor I am only going to get 16mph out of this new one ?

Need to know because I found one on FB marketplace i can get for a good deal today
MERCENARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-03-2021, 12:09 PM   #2
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: Quick Motor Question

I believe thats a series motor. If your getting 28 mph with your current setup you must have a sepex motor. You cannot swap them out without changing other components.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 02:37 PM   #3
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
I believe thats a series motor. If your getting 28 mph with your current setup you must have a sepex motor. You cannot swap them out without changing other components.
He does have a series motor from some of his other posts. Not sure how he got 28 mph with the stock motor, but he has an Alltrax 48400.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If your getting 28mph with a series stock motor, I wouldn't mess with it. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:21 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
If your getting 28mph with a series stock motor, I wouldn't mess with it. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
From earlier threads, he was told the motor is toast. He was advised to check the brushes, but I'm not sure what he has done.

I guess he really wants a new motor.
Old 07-06-2021, 08:23 AM   #6
radelon
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCENARY View Post
So this motor is rated at 16mph

https://ddmotorsystems.com/ChooseAMo...otors-Computer

Does this mean even though I have the upgraded alltrax 400a controller and got 28mph with the stock 3.3hp motor I am only going to get 16mph out of this new one ?

Need to know because I found one on FB marketplace i can get for a good deal today
What kind of mph / torque are you needing for this new motor?
radelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:34 AM   #7
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
He does have a series motor from some of his other posts. Not sure how he got 28 mph with the stock motor, but he has an Alltrax 48400.
I was told because it was because my carts 48v but motor is 36v with the larger tires.

Quote:
From earlier threads, he was told the motor is toast. He was advised to check the brushes, but I'm not sure what he has done.

Thanks will be checking brushes today if no luck then buying new. Just really wondering if top speed on these dd motors are whats listed on the specs or will aftermarket lift tires controller move them faster
Old 07-07-2021, 07:37 AM   #8
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I was told because it was because my carts 48v but motor is 36v with the larger tires.

Quote:

Thanks will be checking brushes today if no luck then buying new. Just really wondering if top speed on these dd motors are whats listed on the specs or will aftermarket lift, bigger tires, controller, and mcor4 conversion move them faster
Old 07-07-2021, 08:17 AM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCENARY View Post

Thanks will be checking brushes today if no luck then buying new. Just really wondering if top speed on these dd motors are whats listed on the specs or will aftermarket lift, bigger tires, controller, and mcor4 conversion move them faster
The only things from this list that can increase speed are the larger tires and high speed motor. The other items will make it run better possibly but will not increase speed.

If you put full nominal 48 volts into a 48 volt motor, it will run at max speed. Most standard motors are rated at 6000 rpm's. With standard gearing and 18" tires, this will give you about 24 mph. Larger tires may run it up to 26 or even 28.

If you get a higher speed motor like the D&D, Part # - 170-003-0002 you MAY get a bit more but at a loss of torque. This D&D with stock tires is rated at 22mph. So I believe realistically you will see 24 to 26 with it.

Other members with higher speed configurations may jump in here to offer more assistance with your upgrade.
Old 07-07-2021, 09:02 AM   #10
MERCENARY
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
The only things from this list that can increase speed are the larger tires and high speed motor. The other items will make it run better possibly but will not increase speed.

If you put full nominal 48 volts into a 48 volt motor, it will run at max speed. Most standard motors are rated at 6000 rpm's. With standard gearing and 18" tires, this will give you about 24 mph. Larger tires may run it up to 26 or even 28.

If you get a higher speed motor like the D&D, Part # - 170-003-0002 you MAY get a bit more but at a loss of torque. This D&D with stock tires is rated at 22mph. So I believe realistically you will see 24 to 26 with it.

Other members with higher speed configurations may jump in here to offer more assistance with your upgrade.

Thank you were very helpful

Ive got motor apart now but cant get armature out...any tips?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car