lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #11
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Navitas for Icon!

Oh also when I did talk to navitas they were pretty particular on the steps to get it working, I think you have to connect, update firmware, then intitalize, then save, and don’t turn anything off or leave the cart or whatever while it’s installing and saving and all that. They should be able to give a step by step and hopefully that helps
sgremp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2021, 04:06 PM   #12
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

Just tried the steps above you mentioned. Nothing:(. Will wait for charge. Not sure if when i unhooked the batterys for install it did something or I damaged something or not. The dash says 51v, tested the terminals on the controller with my colt meter and its getting 50v to the controller, and on both sides of solenoid. Guess i need to be patient, let it fully charge and wait for navitas to be open tomorrow
jimbrooks333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:17 AM   #13
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Jimbrooks what size tap did you use to move the solenoid/fuse around? I like that you’ve fit it in the box still, I was just going to simply lower the navitas and throw out the box all together or maybe just cut the bottom out and have it mostly protected but this method you did may work better. , I have the tap size for the controller bolts but not the other ones.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:33 AM   #14
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgremp View Post
Jimbrooks what size tap did you use to move the solenoid/fuse around? I like that you’ve fit it in the box still, I was just going to simply lower the navitas and throw out the box all together or maybe just cut the bottom out and have it mostly protected but this method you did may work better. , I have the tap size for the controller bolts but not the other ones.
I used different screws that i had the tap for to remount the terminals to the back. Not sure of what size, i just had an old kit.

Waiting for Navitas to be open to call, still same thing. Im thinking maybe the solenoid was damaged in reinstall cause everything is on, have power to the controller and motor lugs, it just isnt moving..
Old 07-19-2021, 01:01 PM   #15
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

A call to Navitas helped! I finally got a call back. Once you have it installed, and the app on your phone all registered to make changes, they give you access into some different options on the app itself that was telling the controller that the key was not on, even though it was and everything was lit up, the controller itself didn’t think the key switch was on. Turned that off and back to working!

So, a call to navitas will be needed. Was difficult getting in touch with them, think i got sent to vm a few times cause i called so much… haha but when i spoke with a tech, it was quick and easy and helpful.

As for performance gains, i do feel a slight increase in acceleration and the top speed has increased by 5 mph, clocked at 35mph, but that was not on a full charge, as I was messing with settings and driving it for atleast 10 minutes before airing it out. Once i have a full charge will update speed.
Old 07-19-2021, 01:24 PM   #16
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

great, glad it got working! I'm mostly concerned with the torque increase, if you test that out (assume you have the OTF?) I'd be curious how the hill climbing capabilities increased. I'll post my results too after I get another chance to install later this week/weekend...unfortunately they're not open the weekend so I'll have to call ahead of time to get detailed instructions.
Old 07-19-2021, 05:25 PM   #17
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

There may be more settings to adjust the torque, that may require a call in too. I am in florida so we don't have many hills to even try it on haha

I was just so happy to get it to work again, i didnt test to much stuff. Will test more and post results here!
Old 07-20-2021, 04:32 AM   #18
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Did you get the OTF with it? Wondering if that works as advertised. I wouldn’t think there would be too much settings to change if you have that, cause you can just adjust speed and everything from there.
Old 07-20-2021, 07:49 AM   #19
jimbrooks333
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgremp View Post
Did you get the OTF with it? Wondering if that works as advertised. I wouldn’t think there would be too much settings to change if you have that, cause you can just adjust speed and everything from there.
I did! Exactly, i got that to where I like it and locked. Prolly wont change it much because I am the only one driving it so no need!
Old 07-23-2021, 11:11 AM   #20
sgremp
Not Yet Wild

Jim brooks did you have a problem in the app dashboard where it says “waiting for key” ? When I turn my key on, the OTF quickly goes green for a half a second, then no light and the app dashboard says waiting for key…but the key is in and on, the app is reading the f/r switch, throttle is registering, OTF shows lock/unlocked when I turn that key, but for some reason it’s not recognizing that my actual cart key is on, but it definitely is because everything else is registering and o can connect via Bluetooth. Did you run into a similar issue? Curious what to do, navitas said they would call me back but not holding my breath cause last time they told me that they never did

Tags
controller, i60l, lithium, navitas, navitas controller
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon