lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2021, 06:11 AM   #11
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: 6" lift installed tires wedging in when going forward

Bumpy and twitchy is from the tires not being aligned.
Get the ride height set first, then the tires pointing in the same direction and you will probably not need spacers.
I have on some occasions, had to lengthen the tie rods because I didn't feel there was enough thread left in the sleeve.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2021, 07:22 AM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Not familiar with A arm lifts at all, but is that the right length coil overs for that lift? Also don't see how the camber could change that much by rolling forward or backwards... free bump anyway.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:56 AM   #13
eph78
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Bumpy and twitchy is from the tires not being aligned.
Get the ride height set first, then the tires pointing in the same direction and you will probably not need spacers.
I have on some occasions, had to lengthen the tie rods because I didn't feel there was enough thread left in the sleeve.
I got the alignment a little better, did it by eye. Need to get the tape measure out and do it proper. Now when it goes forward the tires do this a bit // \\ noticeable to say "hey whats up with your front tires?".

When installing the Steeling brand 6" lift my king pins were a hair too large to use with the supplied aluminum bushings (beat the death out of them with a hammer to try to get them in and they were so tight the hub would barely move side to side. So I put the old plastic bushings in and the hub swings easy.

Might change kingpins to see if that helps. The ones I have are original and had a bit of rust that I had to sand off.

Going to try the spacers also as I think more stability will help with teenagers driving the cart sometimes.
eph78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 08:59 AM   #14
eph78
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoveBolt View Post
Not familiar with A arm lifts at all, but is that the right length coil overs for that lift? Also don't see how the camber could change that much by rolling forward or backwards... free bump anyway.

I'm almost 100% certain that these are original springs on the front. Cant find replacement ones any place. I know some people try motorcycle or ATV front shocks but have not seen solid advice on that.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:10 PM   #15
eph78
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Used a measuring tape and dialed it in pretty well. Still can see the positive camber a bit, but I guess Yamaha's are known for that.

Have the spacers on the way. Hope they help a bit in general also for looks.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts