lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-26-2021, 02:11 PM   #1
DS96
Not Yet Wild

Default '96 CC DS Controller?

Good afternoon,
Have a few questions now that I'm stumped, I searched well into the night reading everything I could.
We were using the cart up and down some hills on vacation (normally flatlander) it just quit. Worked again for about 10'. Solenoid still clicks (but not a good solid click).
Got it home and tested the pot box, started 6ohm and dropped out at 3.50, so I bit the bullet and ordered the MCOR retrofit kit from Revolution and a new solenoid due to this one being 96 original.
No go, tested the new MCOR and it starts at 5 ohm and drops out at 3.28 ohms. (I know I should have tested everything before assuming this was it)
I tested the motor works fine forward, works in reverse but surges a little. (original CC 3.75hp)
Pack voltage (3 months old) 50.5
Curtis 400 Amp Controller tested:
Term 3 - 1.5 v pedal depressed
Term 2 - .2v
M- 50.5
B+ .1
B- 50.5
Thanks in advance, where do I go from here?
DS96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
DS96
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: '96 CC DS Controller?

I would like to give a Big shout out to David at Revolution Golf Carts for helping me figure this out!
Old 06-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #3
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: '96 CC DS Controller?

Can you tell us what the problem was...Thanks
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 07:28 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Can you tell us what the problem was...Thanks
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 07:04 PM   #5
DS96
Not Yet Wild

Hi guys,
Sorry for the late reply, vacation then hurricane.
The issue was the controller, I didn't want to post until I got it installed and knew it worked.
I got an Alltrax SR-48500 detuned to 400amp. This way I can reprogram when I upgrade.
David from Revolution really helped talk me down, this was my first real issue with this cart. It's a 96 and all original.
I got the controller from David and it shipped fast, very pleased with the whole transaction.
www.revolutiongolfcars.com

Tags
controller, mcor, pot box
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car