Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2021, 07:30 PM   #1
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Good place to buy broken golf cart?

I want to know where I can pick up a good old golf cart for under 1k. Doesn’t have to work, doesn't have to be pretty, I just want a project cart to fix up. Looking for something to do this summer.
nonomac4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2021, 04:45 AM   #2
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Good place to buy broken golf cart?

I have found that FB Marketplace is my latest go to for buying things.
Craigs is full of scams, and the Internet has killed most of the old local Want Ads here in NJ.

Good luck, They are out there. Just have to hunt it down.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 10:45 AM   #3
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I agree, FB is a good place to go. I was trying to see if there were any other places with less expensive golf carts- people are charging 4K+ for a broken DS or PD and I don’t need that
Old 06-23-2021, 11:19 AM   #4
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Hence the closing "Good luck, They are out there. Just have to hunt it down."
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 02:43 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

They’re out there. But you have to have cash in your hands and the trailer hooked up, constantly looking. Because when they do pop up they’re sold in 15 or 20 minutes.

Another reason why I haven’t bought a project cart in so long and just working on my own. Don’t want to play the games. It’s been that way ever since covid hit and probably won’t die down and go back to normal anytime soon. I used to buy carts all the time when I lived in GA for $300-500. Had plenty to choose from. Now complete junk is selling for about the same price I used to sell reliable, nicely finished carts for.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 01:06 AM   #6
BobInOK
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have one I would sell for $600.00 but you would need to come to Oklahoma to get it. Really just needs to be put back together, has good batteries and all the electrical goodies check good. It's a solid state Mielix, decided I would rather fix up my old Cushman rather then spend the time rewiring and making new cables for the Mielix.
BobInOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 06:37 AM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Market Place has become so disappointing lately with the changed format offering more shipping options now.
Just like Ebay that started out where you could buy and sell your used wares now is nothing more than online stores.
Craigs same way, started with buy and sell used, now retail and advertising.
Market Place now offers shipping, but try to set your search field to local only and you will still get listings from all over the country.
Very disappointing, because FB is only really worried about money and not what there subscribers want.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:42 AM   #8
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobInOK View Post
I have one I would sell for $600.00 but you would need to come to Oklahoma to get it. Really just needs to be put back together, has good batteries and all the electrical goodies check good. It's a solid state Mielix, decided I would rather fix up my old Cushman rather then spend the time rewiring and making new cables for the Mielix.
Oklahoma is a ways out there. We may be headed over to Austin later this summer but definitely don’t wanna bring a trailer all the way out there. Thanks for the offer sounds like an amazing project!
Old 06-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #9
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a very tough time to find a fixer upper. Covid has given many people all this spare time to work on projects not to mention putting some extra cash in their pockets.

It is still a bit of a drive for you, but Copart might be an option. The yard in Lumberton SC generally has several carts for auction. Be very careful, as the carts might be salt water dunked.

An option that many overlook is large dealers. I have seen on more than one occasion that a handful of cash can land you a truck full of parts. If you are handy and do your homework, start with a common model and begin the search. The stuff is out there, you will just need to be creative.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 10:37 AM   #10
nonomac4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstwo View Post
It is a very tough time to find a fixer upper. Covid has given many people all this spare time to work on projects not to mention putting some extra cash in their pockets.

It is still a bit of a drive for you, but Copart might be an option. The yard in Lumberton SC generally has several carts for auction. Be very careful, as the carts might be salt water dunked.

An option that many overlook is large dealers. I have seen on more than one occasion that a handful of cash can land you a truck full of parts. If you are handy and do your homework, start with a common model and begin the search. The stuff is out there, you will just need to be creative.
Good idea, never thought about copart. There’s one here in Gainesville where they may have something or the Atl one is a ways down the road but I bet they might have something. Thank you!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts