lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #1
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Who can fill me in on the lift?

I’m just trying to find some more information on the particular lift kit for my 03 cc DS. If there is anyone out there that has had any experience with this lift I’d love for you to share. Any info and photos would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

https://steelenggolfcart.com/product...003-golf-cart/
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-22-2021, 08:45 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Who can fill me in on the lift?

I have not used this particular lift, but I have used Steeleng products and I have found them to be top notch. This kit you are considering looks like a major upgrade over stock, I'm betting it's good. The factory suspension is not very good at all. This looks like it updates the design quite a bit.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 10:02 AM   #3
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I have not used this particular lift, but I have used Steeleng products and I have found them to be top notch. This kit you are considering looks like a major upgrade over stock, I'm betting it's good. The factory suspension is not very good at all. This looks like it updates the design quite a bit.
Yeah I just want a coil over suspension that is a decent price point. Yeah like wise, In the pass I’ve purchased things from sgc and the product was great and also the customer service. My stock suspension now is brutal on the roads here in my home town, especially when I’m at a top speed of 35mph. I need the plush ride.
Old 05-23-2021, 06:37 AM   #4
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I would also be interested in hearing some real world experiences with this as well. I can't tell if camber would be adjustable or not. Would those connection points be considered to be heim joints? They do not look like what I am used to seeing on other lift kits. I have been seeing reports of folks having failed heim joints on other kits and was starting to look for a different kit that does not utilize heim joints, but still has adjustability for camber.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 09:50 AM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaXeD-OuT-CLUB View Post
Yeah I just want a coil over suspension that is a decent price point. Yeah like wise, In the pass I’ve purchased things from sgc and the product was great and also the customer service. My stock suspension now is brutal on the roads here in my home town, especially when I’m at a top speed of 35mph. I need the plush ride.
Plush ride? Not sure you'll get that with a stock rear suspension. Especially at high speeds, that's when any suspension system is put to the test. It's a good bet the front will soften up, but the rear will remain the same. I've seen some carts with a good rear suspension, but leaf springs are leaf springs. With the rear suspension, articulation is usually what gives a softer ride. Softer ride also means more bottoming out unless you have more travel. Bumps on one side usually translate to the other side causing that hard bump feel. With that said, a softer more articulating rear suspension will also lean more in turns and might feel unstable. It's a trade off.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 04:54 PM   #6
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Plush ride? Not sure you'll get that with a stock rear suspension. Especially at high speeds, that's when any suspension system is put to the test. It's a good bet the front will soften up, but the rear will remain the same. I've seen some carts with a good rear suspension, but leaf springs are leaf springs. With the rear suspension, articulation is usually what gives a softer ride. Softer ride also means more bottoming out unless you have more travel. Bumps on one side usually translate to the other side causing that hard bump feel. With that said, a softer more articulating rear suspension will also lean more in turns and might feel unstable. It's a trade off.
Yeah this is very true, a sway bar system would have to be made to help with that body roll. all-n-all there would just be tons of modifying going one to make it all right. My plan in the rear would to make a 4-link system with coil over shocks. The front I wouldn't want to attempt due to the certain specs and geometry’s.

Similar to this guys setup...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6kDi-Ff4PFM
Old 05-23-2021, 04:59 PM   #7
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
I would also be interested in hearing some real world experiences with this as well. I can't tell if camber would be adjustable or not. Would those connection points be considered to be heim joints? They do not look like what I am used to seeing on other lift kits. I have been seeing reports of folks having failed heim joints on other kits and was starting to look for a different kit that does not utilize heim joints, but still has adjustability for camber.
I believe there are adjustable heim joints for the camber. Much needed, my stock cart suspension was a B#%CH to adjust after I installed my block up front.
Old 05-23-2021, 05:36 PM   #8
ACOrange
Not Yet Wild

Following this thread as well. 50+ years of restoring and building old cars and tractors and just now getting into the cart thing.
ACOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 07:46 PM   #9
MaXeD-OuT-CLUB
Getting Wild

Club Car

So today I made the purchase for this kit and a set of steeling 22x10x12 stinger AT tires. I’ll keep this thread updated on how things go. I can’t wait!!!
Old 06-07-2021, 07:54 PM   #10
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’m curious too, I have the standard A-arm kit and while it’s inherently stiff I think it was built well. I wish they had that version about two years ago when I bought my lift from them!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts