lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Other Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2021, 03:18 PM   #1
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Default Lithium Conversion - Need Batteries

Im looking to make the plunge into lithium. I’ve looked at many of the drop in options which all seem to be about 1k or so more than building your own pack. I can’t seem to find any of the leaf or volt cells through the usual sources. Are these becoming harder to find? Any leads would be appreciated.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2021, 09:08 AM   #2
emoney
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Conversion - Need Batteries

Leaf cells are getting all but impossible, however there are tons of other options. I just built a 48v pack using LG Chem server rack cells, and a 36v using Panasonic 3.7v cells from the Ford C-Max Energi, the 25 Ah.

I just ordered what are advertised as "new" Panasonic 3.7v, 94Ah cells from Ebay at $60.00 per for 14 cells, shipped to my house. I'll let you know what they really are hopefully by the end of this week.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Samsung...f/154366457858

The only thing about these cells is I'm thinking I'll probably have to drill and tap for posts on the terminals, even though the seller said I'd just need "screws and busbars".
NMC chemistry is good for golfcarts as they're energy dense so they can handle the aftermarket controllers, etc. I love my 36v pack which I shared a picture of here somewhere.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:58 PM   #3
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Did you post a build for the 48v pack? I’d be interested in taking this on myself but could certainly use a little guidance along the way. Also, what is the approximate ah of the LG Chem step? Do you know the maximum and sustained maximum discharge rates?
Old 04-19-2021, 10:05 PM   #4
mccainc
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I have seven Leaf gen 1 modules that I’d be willing to sell. Recently removed for an upgrade to gen 3 modules. Have some data on remaining capacity. PM if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mccainc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:21 AM   #5
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Thanks mccainc, My setup will require a 14 unit pack. I’d prefer to get all at the same time for continuity. I’ll keep an eye out and let you know.
Old 04-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #6
eprovenzano
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccainc View Post
I have seven Leaf gen 1 modules that I’d be willing to sell. Recently removed for an upgrade to gen 3 modules. Have some data on remaining capacity. PM if you’re interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you still have them, I’d be interested in the leaf cells... PM sent.
eprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #7
emoney
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbop View Post
Did you post a build for the 48v pack? I’d be interested in taking this on myself but could certainly use a little guidance along the way. Also, what is the approximate ah of the LG Chem step? Do you know the maximum and sustained maximum discharge rates?

So sorry, I just now saw this. FOr the LG Chem cells I built 2x48v batteries, so a total of 28 cells (14S config each). They're used cells and they claim a little better than 40Ah capacity so double that for 80Ah. I'm not sure their sustained discharge rates but they work just fine for my stock Club Car CarryAll 6, 48v w/stock Curtis 300amp controller.
emoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Other Lithium