lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2021, 02:27 PM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1998 Club Car DS F/R contactor conversion

You have a regular 3-wire 5kΩ-0Ω throttle so that is good.

As far as the micros-switches:

#1 It gets power from the micro-switch in the VGlide and sends to the Solenoid and Controller when not in Neutral.
You will need to extend both wires (White/Black and Green/White) to where You are mounting the FNR.
#2 is for the Reverse buzzer negative side (Red/White and Orange).
I would just rewire the buzzer so it gets power from the Reverse Contactor reverse side circuit.
You can get the positive either from FNR switch terminal or directly at the Reverse contactor.
That way You don't need to extend those two wires to the new FNR, You just connect them together so it completes the negative to the reverse buzzer.

#3 is the one that adds a resistor in line with the Green wire in order to reduce the speed when the FNR is in Reverse.
You just need to disconnect them and then connect the Green and the White wires together so the throttle always reaches 100%.

Last edited by Sergio; 01-17-2021 at 02:44 PM.. Reason: Added more information about the Reverse buzzer connection
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2021, 07:36 PM   #12
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Thank you Sergio. A couple of clarifications if you don’t mind:

1) The white/black and green white wires are the only ones that need to go to the new FR toggle (I won’t connect the reverse buzzer). If so will I’m assuming the green wire will be common to both forward and reverse positions of the switch?

2) I won’t use the reverse buzzer so these can be abandoned, correct?

3) I need to bypass the resistor that is in line from microswitch which will allow full power/speed in reverse, correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike from Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 09:33 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

1) The Green/White wire is the incoming power from the VGlide micro-switch so it goes to the center terminal in one of the poles.
The two outside terminals on that same pole are connected together with the White/Black wire that sends power to the Solenoid and Controller terminal #1.

2) In that case just tape each wire but leave them disconnected.

3) Connecting the Green and the White wires together will provide full power in both forward and reverse. The black wire should be taped as it will not be used.

The other pole on the new DPDT FNR switch will be used to power the the Reversing Contactor forward or the reverse coil.

You have two options:
Run a new wire from the Key Switch to center terminal on that pole so the Reversing Contactor is ON only when the key switch is ON and the FNR is in gear.

You can also connect the center terminal to the White/Black wire that goes to the Solenoid so the Reversing Contactor is ON only when the Key switch is ON, the FNR is in gear and the accelerator pedal is down.

Old 01-19-2021, 08:17 PM   #14
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Sergio I tried to send you a PM but your messages are full.

Old 02-02-2021, 02:43 PM   #15
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Here’s a drawing I did with the rewiring configuration. I think I have everything right. Sergio would you mind chiming in again?

GOLF CART WIRING DIAGRAM 2020.01.26.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-02-2021, 03:06 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That all looks correct, the only nitpicking comment is that visually the negative busbar for accessories should be connected to the common negative connection on the fuse box and not a fuse location
Old 02-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #17
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

Default 1998 Club Car DS F/R contactor conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That all looks correct, the only nitpicking comment is that visually the negative busbar for accessories should be connected to the common negative connection on the fuse box and not a fuse location

Ooohhhh good catch. [emoji106] I think I will actually take it back to the pack negative buss bar.

One question is it a good idea to put a fuse/breaker in between the pack positive and the buss bar?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-02-2021, 03:49 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Probably having the pack positive and pack negative connections fused if they go to busbars would be a good idea.
Old 07-21-2021, 08:35 PM   #19
Mike from Texas
Getting Wild

I finally have the cart back together and working. However I have an issue I can’t figure out. I bypassed my half speed reverse input to my controller per Sergio’s instructions and it work, possibly too well. I have more “power” in reverse than in forward now.

Is it possible I reversed wiring from the contactor to the motor and it’s running backwards?

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!